Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Piercing at 2 months ? is it too early?

2»

Replies

• Options

Why do girls have to have their ears pierced? what country is this in? My littleone wont be having hers done untill she is in her teens, if girls have to have pierced ears why are we not born with holes in our ears already? babies go through enough pain with teething without puting them in pain just to make them wear earings.

• Options

It is cruel and inhumane to willing inflict pain upon your child for your own ideals of beauty

• Options

I wont get my daughters done until she is old enough to know that its something she definitely wants.  My mum got my sisters done when she was little but I didn't have mine done up until about 3 years ago.....im 27!

I think the choice should be made by themselves when they are old enough to look after them and everything themselves.  xx

• Options

Well there is no minimum age to do it. In some soutern regions of Europe it's done almost as soon as they are born image

• Options
    If you are scared to put yourself through that pain how could you even imagine doing it to your babies? I'm sorry I just don't understand. .
  • Options

Hey Kia, its okay to get your babies ear pierces as long they got their shots. It's better to do it while they're  babies bc they won't remember.  Always make sure you use ear solution to clean their ears so it won't get affected. I got my daughter ears pierced at 3 months. Right now she 4 months going on 5 months. You can always ask your doctor what age is good. 

• Options

I would like to ask Kia Watson a question, since when did doctors pierce babies ears. I've NEVER known a doctor being asked or be willing to pierce a babies ears, not in Great Britain anyway. Can you imagine the pain and fear a tiny baby must feel when they are taken some-where unknown and then suddenly have this pain thrust upon them just for their mothers [and I use that word loosely] vanity. After all it is the mother that wants this done not the infant. At least when a baby is taken for immunisation jabs it is for the health of the child so you know the pain is for the childs own good, tell me what good pierced ears are to a baby. When my grand-children were a lot younger if any child had pierced ears they had to remove the ear-rings before going to school for safety reasons with all the rough and tumble of the school yard. So what is the point of piercings if you are only going to see them at weekends.Plain and simple, selfish mothers.

• Options

Hi everyone, we know this is an issue lots of us feel strongly about, one way or the other, so we wanted to bump this thread to get some more comments… We’d love to know if you all mainly feel the same as these women did a couple of years ago or have things changed?

• Options

Hi Daniele,

😬 ^^   A bit heated! 

I had my daughters ears pierced when she was 10. Only because she had been asking to get them done for a couple of years and I resisted For a couple of years but eventually gave in.

i'm not a fan of ear piercing babies but everyone has their own opinion and they are entitled to it.  So o guess each to their own. 

• Options

Hi 

I always find this question interesting.

I just wanted to add mine were done as a baby i cried for a few seconds apparently and that was it. No lasting damage and never had a problem with my ears. I'm glad it was done then as i don't remember it. however I will not get my daughters pierced as do not wish to see her in pain. I do feel attitudes towards piercings have changed over the years and as parents we are far more cautious about inflicting unnecessary pain on our children. I also think it is frowned upon much more Due to it not being a necessity. If I wanted to get my daughters ears pierced now (which I don't) my mum would not be happy with this despite her getting mine pierced  Which shows how times are changing.

it really is your own choice Kia whether your willing to put them through the pain now or rather give them the responsibility when they are older to make choices and look after their ears themselves. 

• Options

I had my little girls pierced when she was 4 months old and personally I'm glad I had it done then, my niece was a year old and kept touching them and my sister had to take them out as they got infected. I also know a cousin who had them done when she was 7 and also played with them so they got infected and had to come out. Everyone has their own opinions, and everyones view should be respected. I was 4 months old when I had mine done too, and I also had them pierced for a second time when I was 12, and that hurt something terrible, even now thinking about it I'm wincing lol!! I personally thing little girls look pretty with their ears pierced xx

• Options

I had my little girls pierced when she was 4 months old and personally I'm glad I had it done then, my niece was a year old and kept touching them and my sister had to take them out as they got infected. I also know a cousin who had them done when she was 7 and also played with them so they got infected and had to come out. Everyone has their own opinions, and everyones view should be respected. I was 4 months old when I had mine done too, and I also had them pierced for a second time when I was 12, and that hurt something terrible, even now thinking about it I'm wincing lol!! I personally think little girls look pretty with their ears pierced xx

• Options

I started to think this was a wind up.

I don't know any doctor that would pierce ears in the UK and in my opinion are purely cosmetic. I got mine down when I was 12 and how no lasting trauma.

I'm not sure why you've asked people's opinion, you seem to think your life has been ruined by not having yours done. I have no insight to where you're from or the cultural significance but maybe go get yours done and then decide instead of bite back at the people who have given their time to respond.

I'm currently expecting a girl and she won't be having them done until she asks for them and believe she is responsible enough to care for them

• Options

im a pierced mama.. but I won't allow my girl to have piercings until she's 16 which is when I started getting mine done.. 

my friend had her little girls done at 2 months and she gets horrible comments which I don't think is fair.. at the end of the day it's each to their own.. 

i get the argument of they won't remember the pain but even my tongue and lip piercings haven't left a lasting impression of pain in my memory so I doubt ear piercings at any age would leave a mental scar 🤣🤣