Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Twins

1121314151618»

Replies

• Options

Well Matthew & Amelia arrived safely in the world Tuesday morning  (8th November) after an eventful night. 

I had some loose bowels & then tightenings so thought it was early labour. Went to triage for checking over & was violently sick enough to fill 2.5 bowls...they gave me anti sickness & start me on antibiotics for suspected norovirus. Placed on trace monitor & tightenings start to subside...however the consultant is concerned with Matthew having peaks & troughs in his heart rate. After 45 minutes of monitoring & no change in this they decide I need an emergency section in case I have passed sickness bug through the placenta. 5 minutes later at 09:41 Matthew is in the world & Amelia arrived 09:42. 

We have all been given a course of infused antibiotics & are still in hospital under observations. Twins are being fed my expressed milk via feeding tube at present with the hope we may have our first proper feed tomorrow. All still very surreal just now but the three of us are improving & will hopefully be home over the weekend. 

• Options

Congratulations kazzie love the names. Matthew is such a cool name for a boy how much did they weigh can't wait to see pics. Glad your feeling a bit better 

• Options

imageMy one picture so far. Matthew 6lbs, Amelia 5lbs 8. 

• Options

Wow fantastic weights no wonder you were feeling the strain.  Mine were only 5.13 and5.14 at 37 weeks.

i hope you get them home soon and that your all better.

again congratulations now enjoy letting everyone else run round after you for a bit 

• Options

Hi everyone, we know it has been a while since this thread was active, but we wondered if any of you might have some advice about going on holiday with twins babies - we have a new member needing help, on this thread here. Thank you! 

• Options

All mums here with twins please help need to know if this could be twins please xxx and congratulations to all of you xxximage

• Options

Did they tell you much that looks a very early scan.  How many weeks are you.  It does look like it could be twins but you won't get a definate until two heartbeats are seen.  I was told suspected twins at 6 wweeks as only one sac had a heart beat agonising two week wait and of course it was two and he rest is history 

• Options

I was only 4 weeks 6 days so he didn't give me much info at all :( I go back in a week so I'll definitely know more as I'll be 6 weeks then

my gut feeling has been twins before I even had an ultrasound. it's so weird, my hcg levels are more than double every 48 hours I'm bloated and I just feel so exhausted 

my partner laughed when I said I have a feeling, stopped laughing after actually seeing the ultrasound photos haha 😂 

• Options

I has very bad sickness at start with sleepyness and was hospitalised with dehydration. But who doesnt have that!! It was then i found out from a scan at 11 weeks.  before i tested i had lost my appetite and had heartburn!! My mom even thought that was strange.

• Options

Hi I'm new here. I have 1 year old twin girls and a 4 year old boy