Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

its probably been done before..but...XMAS!!!

Replies

• Options
    Am I a Scrooge I hadn't really planned on getting him anything much really. He'll only be 5 months old and won't know what is going on anyway and I'll be buying clothes and toys as he grows and changes anyway. His granny and great grannies will be spoiling him rotten and it just seems like buying stuff for the sake of it rather than him needed or wanting anything.
  • Options
    you're not a scrooge hun! i wasn't planning on buying emmy hardly anything originally but then i realised she would need age 1-2 toys and wouldn't have another present opportunity until she is 23 months so i've bought things that are from 1+ and 18 months and will space them out throughout the year (for the older aged things) as she grows into them. if she was only 5 months i'd probably have bought clothes and weaning things! lol
  • Options
    Haha faithie! Not a Scrooge at all, each to their own!!

I understand elliott will be more interested in the wrapping paper then the actual presents on the day...but i never had Xmas growing up (until I was 16 really) so being only 20 now I am like a big kid making up for lost years lol!!

And elliott will be growing out of all his toys then so will need to get new things anyway!

Although after seeing the huge list I've just made in bed....I'm definatly going to have to choose some to give him for Xmas...and some for his birthday in march otherwise I'll have nothing to give him then lol x

[Modified by: Peanut baby on September 24, 2010 12:41 AM]

• Options
    My little boy will be 6 months at Christmas I have only bought one Xmas present so far as yet, a steering wheel for his pram
    I need to get his 'big' presents which will be a walker and a highchair!
    And then I will be getting him some new clothes and I'm just going to start buying toys as I see them
    Xx
  • Options
    Hi peanut baby image I remember you from DIM so my little boy will be 9 months too. Great thread for ideas!

I started his Christmas box this week with a dressing gown. Too cute to leave in the shop.
    These are on my list so far....

>Wooden activity cube
    >Sensory light (abit like a lava lamp but bubbles and changes colour??)
    >Some form of dress up clothes for xmas day image
    >maybe a thomas tank ride on/walker depending on if he can stand by then

I love christmas, i cant wait for christmas morning and then to cook a big christmas dinner and the best bit.....not having to worry about being in work at the crack of dawn on boxing day!! :lol:
  • Options
    PMSL PB you really lolve christmas and I thought I was bad lol!
  • Options
    haydensmummy- ive just ordered a really cool looking ride on walker thing!!

its on argos website - vtech baby push and ride alphabet train

its not thomas obviously but worth a look if you were planning on going down that route!!

ive just taken advantage of the argos deal 3 for 2 so now he has

personalised liverpool kit
    bounce and spin zebra
    Nok tok talking doll
    vtech my first baby laptop
    playskool busy ball popper
    leapfrog learn & groove table
    vtech push and ride train
    turtle with shapes you can pop into its shell

so now just need to get stocking fillers (waybuloo ball, chuggington books, bath toys) and his bear from build a bear workshop

xx
  • Options
    oooooh loving the idea of a highchair... technically a present for us, but hey she won't know!!

My LO will be 19 weeks at Christmas, and tbh from family we were thinking of asking for money to start a bank account for her... she didn't get the CTF so want to make a start for her... then we can buy her some bits and peices that we know she'll like / we'll use!

we haven't really thought about it but don't want to end up with lots of rubbish that we don't need and we do have a tendency to end up with this at christmas,,, and this year we don't have room in the house for it!!
  • Options
    Peanut baby, they have that train on offer in smyths toy store for ??????29.99 at the minute. Oh and are you from liverpool? Just wondering with the lfc kit?

Eban will be 7 months so were not going ott, getting him

playskool chase me critter
    playskool gears and balls toys
    v tech piano
    fisher price nursery book and phone set
    elc buggy driver
    stacking cups
    bath toys
    finger puppets (he loves playing with my hands)
    some 3rd and bird dvds
    clothes

his nan and grandad are getting him his walker/jumperoo and im sure he'll get plenty of my side as well. Was going to get him that train walker with the cashback off my playskool bits but think i'll get him it for his birthday xx

[Modified by: Peanuts Mum on September 24, 2010 02:35 PM]

• Options
    thanks hun. I did the 3 for 2 at Argos to saved a bit on other toys anyway image

im from milton keynes...Hubby was born in birkenhead and all my family support them too (although have no connection with Liverpool lol)

off to look at buggy driver as want to get him one of these too. (although hubby said no more spending haha) xx
  • Options
    Thought you may of been a scouser, lol. have you got the leaflet for the playskool cashback thing that I put on yesterday? The buggy driver looks really good, just hope it fits r pram xx
  • Options
    ooh thanks for that, im not even sure if I bought any playskool stuff but if I did will definatly come in handy image xx
  • Options
    I love christmas too and do go a little mad but H's first birthday is just over a week away so have kind of gone mad on that with . Got:

Chad valley 4 x 4 ride on
    Bounce and Spin ( BARGAIN from tesco)
    Playskool ball popper ( with the cashback offer)
    3 d animal jigsaw from baby republic which are really cute
    loasds of other smaller things I bought and bput away at various baby events ( we are wrapping tonight as party is tomorrow and DH is going to KILL me when he sees the bits and bobs )

For christmas though the only big thing I was looking at getting was one of the whizz around garages and / or a trike but not onw of the hugely expensive ones with parent clutchs and canopys. He will be14 months so think would have missed the boat for the posh ones that you can use from 10 months. Plus its winter so prob wont get much use out of it til aspring anyway.

PB i think DH will be buying a liverpool kit for Christmas aswell , He said he wants DS to be able to walk first though i have been chomping at the bit for months now lol!

Im born in birkenhead too! You still here or live in Milton Keynes? xx
  • Options
    You said you'd bought the playskool ball popper. Im on a major look out for bargains and money off at the min lol. xx
  • Options
    haha I know I just realised lol! how stupid can i be lol!! its coz i cut and paste :-/

no we're in milton keynes...we did go up there a couple of weeks ago to see his family....went to primark haha xx
  • Options
    lol...

there are some good ideas on here!

i figure as Megans birthday is June its nice and spaced out so i can get her 6-12 months toys then 12-18months at her birthday and although she wont know whats going on i dont care im too excited...

Lx
  • Options
    Bump as an excuse to talk about Christmas image
  • Options
    This year I'm cutting back hugely - last yr OH spent ??????400 on Lo and it's ridiculous!!! He hasnt had chance to play with half of it a yr later!

My ds is getting (off us):

*A new jigsaw (Peppa pig)
    *Fireman Sam's fire station
    *Another thomas the tank set (James)

I have bought these and also planning to buy him Buzz & Woody (or just 1 if they're not on offer!!) but will have to wait till pay day next week for those!

In total we will have spent about ??????100 on him, plus some little cars, sweets, etc I will buy for stocking fillers.

I've learnt the hard way about over buying - it took him 2 days to open everything last yr and he was so overwhelmed by it all not to mention where to put all the toys!! Thats not to say anyone else is overbuying, it's just what happened to us last yr.

I think this is the last year I will be able to buy a bit less as he is 2 1/2 now and next year he will probably be begging for this that & the other!

• Options
    Wow ??????400?! Not suprised it took him 2 days haha!!

We saved alot of money doing the Argos 3 for 2 deal (that's why I bought early) and his bounce and spin zebra was on sale for ??????33 in tesco so we've done really well!

Oh also getting him a little toy guitar x
  • Options
    We've got dd
    A vtech rocking chair
    A my first doll
    A teaset
    & something from mummy which I don't know what yet!
    It's dd's 1st Christmas & we're not going crazy cause she won't remember it, but will still have fun with the toys she gets.

Other than that family are buying her clothes or putting money towards her next stage car seat as she will be 9 months on boxing day!!
    Jxx