Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Where did your waters break?

Replies

• Options
    I went for a wee at 1.45am got back in bed and then at 2am I felt wet and thought I had weeed myself but no it was my waters!
    xx
  • Options
    mine broke in my bed with baby number 3
    i had gotten up for the toilet and to take some heart burn medication, i had just taken the stuff turned the light out to go to sleep and the next thing i new there was water every where.

with the other two i had to have them broken when the need to push started as they still hadnt broken naturaly x
  • Options
    1st was in hospital. Had epidural due to baby laying back2 back and on a nerve and labour wasn't progressing so midwife ruptured them

2nd started as a trickle at 7am and carried on thru morning til we got to the hospital and they asked for a sample.....as i sat on the loo, they gushed

3rd went with a pop and gush at 2am......baby arrived 6.07am!

4th went all of a sudden after 12hrs of unproductive contractions and I went from no activity to 8.5cm in 30 secs! Baby arrived 15mins later

5th fore/hind waters went some point during a contraction and leaked with each one but main bag was ruptured by midwife.
  • Options
    Midwife broke mine in hospital - i wasn't progressing so she decided to rupture them which helped speed things up x
  • Options
    Mine were broken with the big needle on a hospital bed!
  • Options
    Mine broke at home, didt gush out to start with..untill i got to the hospital and then i was gushing all over the floor in each room they put me in lol.... with each contraction i felt more come out-i hated feeling out of control.

keely.
  • Options
    Mine broke whilst i was asleep in hospital as i had preeclampsia and was being monitored overnight possibly going to be induced in the morning. I told the midwife who did not believe me, didn't believe I was in labour,until she did an internal and i was 6 cms and Erin was born 4 hours later!!
  • Options
    i had mine broken for me when i was ready to push x
  • Options
    I had mine broken for me when i was about 5-6cm as things werent progressing fast enough, still didnt have her untill 4 hours later x
  • Options
    first: midwife broke them in hospital

second: In the hospital carpark! (didnt think I was gonna make it in!)

third: at home in bed.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/0;1;10716;46/st/20081110/o/22/l/26/dt/5/k/0f76/ttc.png

• Options
    My waters went in the middle of a childs 1st birthday party. I felt my plug go and made it to the loo in time for the 5 hour leak!! I was stuck in the loo for only 30mins tho, not the full 5 hours for it to stop. Before i got to the hospital I used 3 pairs of trousers, 5 pears of knickers, a whole pack of sanitary towels, a tea towl and a bath towl. Don't ask!! LoL.

Kerry, Freya and Bump
    X X X
  • Options
    ooh pumpkin patch how funny- bet the kids would have been shocked of you had delivered Freya at the party!

i had mine broken at hospital cos Joshua was in distress but i feel really cheated cos i wanted to feel my waters break, have to wait till next time! x

[Modified by: Vicky&Joshua on November 25, 2008 11:13 PM]

• Options
    With my first my waters broke on my bedroom floor. Just got up to go and get my stuff ready for the next day (i was being induced for pe) and all of a sudden I heard a pop and felt an almighty gush and then the contractions strated. I will never forget the look on my partners face when that happened.

And this time they broke on the bathroom floor. It wasn't as much as last time but I knew it was my waters as I had just been to the toilet and i heard the pop as they went aswell. I remember getting into hospital and the mw said she didn't think it was my waters so she would leave me to it for a bit as she thought it was a false alarm. Good job my consultant was on that day. he came to check me as I had pe again and my blood pressure was through the roof. He decided that i needed a emergency section and it was only when my new mw put the catheter in she found that i was 6/7 cm dilated.
  • Options
    mine broke in hospital, I needed a wee and as I was trying to get off the bed I felt a 'pop' and everytime I moved a little more I could feel it leaking! I wasn't sure if I was wetting myself or if it was my waters. I kept the pad I was wearing to show the midwife but they were surprisingley uninterested. (I was being induced btw). Later in the day they discovered that it wasn't all the waters so broke the rest - I didn't watch or feel anything though I don't think i'd had the epidural by then?? (My memory of whol thing very fuzzy.....)
  • Options
    mine broke as i pushed Ellie out, 1 minute before she was born, speedy delivery, i was only at the hospital 50 minutes going from 5cms to birth so they didnt have time to break my waters for me! LOL
  • Options
    Mine broke in the middle of the night at 3am. I had no contractions before or any other sings. I was fast asleep in the bed, opened my eyes and felt a whole ocean coming out of me image It was like a dream but I was wide awake in a sec.
  • Options
    My cousin's waters didn't break.............

It was her 2nd baby and went into hospital because of her contractions being so close together. She got sent home being told that she wasn't dialated enough to be admitted...she ended up giving birth to the waters and her baby at home....

• Options
    Mine didn't break either! I had 3 failed inductions, no dilation, contractions or even braxton hicks!! Ended up with a c section as she was stuck!
  • Options
    My hind water's broke on a Thursday but I just thought it was lo pressing down and making me dribble wee as she felt low. Then contractions started on Sunday morning at 3am. When mw examined me at the hospital she said it was actually hind waters that had broken so had to stay in to be put on antibiotics drip to stop any infection. My main waters broke on the bed in the afternoon after I'd had pethidine. I was shouting "I'm weeing the bed, help me"!!! I can remember feeling the gush of warm water so I'm glad I wasn't in the middle of the street - lol!
  • Options
    mine went just as i was running into the hospital. The reason i was running is because i'd left it that late she was already on her way out. lol. xxx