Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

which supermarket...

2»

Replies

• Options
    I normally go to Tesco as one is close to me but I went a bit further afield to an Asda last week and bought loads. It cost less than Tesco so will probably go there again this week.
  • Options
    I use Asda as it's only round the corner and I know where everything is! If I go to a new supermarket I end up buying loads of stuff I don't need as you tend to look more when you don't know where you're going!
    I have friends that work for Pataks and they make curry sauces for Aldi and M&S, apparently, the quality of the ingredients that go into the Aldi sauces are of a superior quality to those which go in M&S! Just a thought for all you own brand snobs!! Kellogs & Jacobs are the same as they make a lot of own brand supermarket products too!!
    xx
  • Options
    i'm mainly a Tesco shopper - all my big shops are done here, but for bits, i will nip to Asda, Morrisons, Somerfield etc.

i have found that Morrisons have the best range of fresh bread & tinned processed peas (i know, gross!!) and Richard Hammond on the advert! (oops, sorry! did i really type that?!)

Asda is fairly central, as i tend to drive out of my way for the Tesco (dont go to the one that is 5-10 mins away as it is heaving, so drive 15-20mins to one that is peaceful, and have fantastic staff!!)

i have also tried Aldi - tbh, if i had the time to shop every day / second day, i think i'd get nearly all my stuff here, but i have found that fruit & veg doesnt keep the week like the stuff i get at Tesco, and i can tbe bothered going more than once a week! lets be honest, milk is milk, isnt it!

i only ever online shop in the school hols - i'd rather shoot myself in the eye than take my boys shopping!! :evil: