Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I being dim or do buggy parasols simply not work?!

2»

Replies

• Options
    Nope ours is useless too!

We were out at a country fair on sunday and spent most of the time holding on to the parasol whilst pushing ds around to stop it wobbling all over the place. In the end put a blanket over the top of it for some more weight and to provide extra shade.

Can you use the shade-a-babe/ray shades when you've got lo facing towards you??? Can't seem to see any pics of them on the links given earlier.
  • Options
    Can you use the shade-a-babe/ray shades when you've got lo facing towards you??? Can't seem to see any pics of them on the links given earlier.

I've been looking through the Shade-a-Babe website and it says it's for forward facing seats only. If that's the case then I don't see the point of it!!
  • Options
    The rayshade is just a big piece of lycra with a couple of bendy wires in it. It secures onto your pram/pushchair with long straps with just fit onto the frame with velcro. It is quite stretchy so i sure it would fit most forward and parent facing prams. I have used it on mine in pram mode - it just sits over the hood.

Hope this helps!

Lx
  • Options
    RAYSHADE RAYSHADE RAYSHADE!!! It's the best thing ever! I get people comment on it almost every time I leave the house.
    I use it on the Maclaren and also on the Mothercare MyChoice which I always have as rear facing and it's perfect.
    I love that I can lift it up/down in a second depending on the position of the sun. I leave it on permanently as it's so light and can collapse the buggy with it on.
    Better than the Shade a Babe I think as I know someone whose baby got annoyed with it always blocking his view and would spend his buggy journeys trying to kick it out of the way.

• Options
    image I thought I was being dim or somethng - my parasol drives me nuts!! The other day there was a small gust of wind and it blew off into the middle of the road - felt like flippin leavin it there!!! lol.

• Options
    Thank you for all making me giggle, with wonky parasols and knocking people out with them! My son used to grab it as soon as I got it in a suitable position and ruin all my hard work!
    I've now got a P&T Vibe and the hood is great as you can move it over altogether, I've just bought as additional hood to fit on the double kit below! x
  • Options
    Ooooh yes re rayshade and parent facing pushchair. We've got a quinny buzz and it straps onto the freame of the seat behind the hood. It took a bit of experimenting to find the best place to attach it to but it is completely brilliant now its sorted. It also does such a good job on our other pushchair (phil and teds sport) that I've just sold the phil and teds sunshade on ebay (it was a bit like the shade-a-babe and DD hated it) xx
  • Options
    i use a canopy and its so much easier, i binned my bloody parasol! lol!
  • Options
    Hey mm,

The second link you posted is very similar to the Rayshade. I had my dd out and about in the scorching sun in her pram and she was nice and cool with the shade over her. I was really surprised. Didn't expect it to be so cool!

Lx