Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

just curious to find out what u find hard about motherhood??

2»

Replies

• Options
    Feeding Toby - he was a nightmare to feed milk (due to silent reflux) and he is a nightmare to feed food. He is just SO erratic - one day he'll gobble up tonnes of food, proper lumps and everything. The next day he refuses everything except yoghurt and the next day he'll only want puree. Its a MAJOR cause of baby-related stress to me to the point when I dread every bottle and meal and often these days have to walk out and get hubby to take over.

Guilt - same as many of you. Feel guilty about everything. There is far too much to list!

Lack of Sleep - I have always loved my sleep and its been a massive shock to my system. Toby is generally a good sleeper but wakes far too early and then often spends a chunk of his day being grumpy as he's tired.

Worry - I seem to worry more about him now than when he was tiny!!! Again, too many things to list.

xxx
  • Options
    Def worry for me. I worry about everything and get in a real state about it.

Joo - Beth is EXACTLY like T with her food/milk. Every feed fills me with dread. And I do every single one as OH gets really wound up about it and gives up after about 20 seconds!

• Options
    Yep, the worry. Worrying about absolutely everything all of the time
  • Options
    mmmm for me guilt and having to go back to work with DS1 at only 6 months old I have a year with ds2 but would love to be bale to stay off until he starts school, probably the worry, i worry about diseases and disasters such as drowning whereas oh panics more about riding bikes, climbing frames so i think between us we have everything covered!!!

last but not least is feeling guilty for ds1 now that i have ds2 as i cant tend to his every need like i used to even though i know in the long run this will be better for him and make him a more rounded person
  • Options
    Definitely the worry for me at the moment, but it's early days and I'm sure there will be things to add to the list! My preocupation with her temperature is constant as am so worried she'll get too cold or hot and be miserable! I worry when she doesn't do a poo, I worry that I let her sleep too much, I worry when her skin looks so dry etc etc etc lol.

I get pi*sed off with people who say stupid things like "aww poor thing she needs another blanket" - when I know she bloody well doesn't! grrrrr. I've had comments of my mother too as I give her room temperature formula rather than warmed up - you'd think I was giving her arsenic for gods sake!

xx

• Options
    Everything! :\)
  • Options
    The lack of sleep I can deal with, the lack of time for myself I can also deal. The mess...well, I put up with it but definitely worry - I worry about food, sleep, whether I'm spoiling her, not doing enough with her, temperature...
    Guilt is also high on the list. Guilty for leaving her to go back to work (although I'm luckier than most to have had my full 9 months), oh, guilt for just about everything!!

Wouldn't swap her for the world though image

xxx
  • Options
    Other mothers x
  • Options
    Yup, other mothers fo me too!! Usually the older ones who aren't really mummies anymore - eg my mum, my MIL etc!! Basically anyone offering unsolicited advice which is designed to make me feel like I'm not doing the best for my LO ("you should be giving him solids at 6 weeks", "he should be sleeping through by now" etc etc).

Grrr!!