Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What does your oh do with Lo?

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hubby is really good now after 6 months of me being really horrible to him and bossing him around, lol. Now he'll bring him downstairs in the mornings to let me get some sleep, and he will do anything I ask really. I used to think I shouldn't have to ask, but he does other things without me needing to nag him so I let him off. He's very good with Riley now and they have really bonded very recently becuase he's putting in that effort. xxx
  • Options
    God you are all so lucky. My oh is leaving as he cant handle the changes that have happened in our lives. He basically does nothing. Nothing at all. Occasionally will play with him for half an hour or give him a bottle if I give it him and sit lo on his lap. Thats it. God makes me mad! Glad you all have decent men! Mine has turned out to be a selfish pig.
  • Options
    I am more in the Tigerlily and AMoss camp, although fortunately we are happy enough together.

In the beginning I was breastfeeding so this pushed him out (a sorry excuse I know) but he always maintained that a baby needed his mommy.

To be honest I enjoy bathtime and reading Harry a story, more than anything I feel sorry for him that he doesn't get any Daddy time save from when I plonk him on top of hubby and leave the room, and a goodnight kiss. I did feel sorry for OH but not anymore - he is the one missing out.

Clare & Harry x
  • Options
    Wow you are all so lucky! My oh hardly does a thing. I had a big talk with him a few weeks ago which seemed to work at first but things are back to normal now. The only thing he does is make my 4 year olds packed lunch as this was 1 tiny part of our deal, the rest has gone out the window!! When he's home he sits on his arse on his laptop or is asleep and I've really had enough. He has never once got up in the night or morning with Summer either. Don't worry hun you're not alone!
  • Options
    Hey hun,

My hubby is in the army so he is away for weeks/months at a time, when he gets home all he wants to do it be with Amber so he spends time with her and does everything for her and I do the other things like cook, clean, get bottles and food ready (though he does this really but I like to help) and sleep lots lol!!

To be honest though he still likes to play on his laptop way too much and does it when she is in her jumperoo! I still have to kick him up the arse and tell him what to do but thats because things change everytime he is away, she is on more food when he is back and sleeps less in the day and we get different routines so must be difficult for him!

Amber is such a daddys girl though and loves having a bath by him when he is home! I am v jealous of all you girls that have your hubby home every night!! I really want that image xxxx
  • Options
    having them home is one thing, if they do anything with lo is another.
  • Options
    Glad to hear I'm not alone Clare & Faith. It really is hard isnt it! Like you say Clare, it's not that I mind doing everything, it's that I wish OH could enjoy it as much as I do! xxx
  • Options
    not a lot during the week as he works all week and dosnt get home till around 5.30pm and charlie heads up to bed at 6pm but he plays with the three of them till he goes to bed, on Saturdays we all go out together. on Sundays martin gets up with them kids so i can have a lie in as he get one on Saturdays. so then he gets them all fed, teeth brushed dressed ect then reads to them or plays games with them