Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what does everyone think of this?

2»

Replies

• Options
    thanks BE for removing the troll, although it looks like they have set up another account already!

and a big thank you to all the ladies who supported me x
  • Options
    It's about time too if they have...!
  • Options
    it looks like BE have only removed the offending posts and not blocked their IP address like they said they would when i spoke to them on the phone?!
  • Options
    Im pretty sure IP addresses can be reset by unplugging the router etc? I could be wrong but i have been there and BE said they would remove the IP yet the troll who was targeting me just kept making new username so obviously wasn't banned.

xx
  • Options
    I think the way forward is just to completely ignore whoever it is. It always seems to go away when no one comments. Let's face it, we all know it's nasty stuff to read, pointing that out to the troll just makes it carry on. Maybe we all just have to ignore it - easier said than done, I know!
  • Options
    for those who have mentioned saftey tests, what type of testing would you like done on them?
  • Options
    I just googled 'safety tests for baby slings' and *loads* of info came up - not on safety tests but on a sling company which was sued as their slings were unsafe...might be worth a quick look xx
  • Options
    I just googled 'safety tests for baby slings' and *loads* of info came up - not on safety tests but on a sling company which was sued as their slings were unsafe...might be worth a quick look xx

have you got that link?
    ive looked at 2 big branded sling websites and a working at home mum sling website and nowhere on their websites does it say about safety testing and yet people still buy?!

i'm looking into getting liablity insurance anyway,
  • Options
    This is one of the links...

http://www.madeformums.com/baby-health-and-safety/baby-slings--safety-concerns-update/5495.html

x

thanks cath, luckly the slings mentioned in that article are the 'c' stlye slings, not a mei tai sling which is pictured. i used my sling from when y LO was 4 weeks old and we never had any problems with it safety wise with breathing etc.
  • Options
    I'd have to say the same as some of the others. It does look fab, but if I was buying from a small independent seller I'd definitley want some kind of reassurance with regards to safety testing. Absolutely no offense meant, it's just something I wouldn't feel comfortable with for something like a sling xxx