Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Another one on sleeping!!!

So my LO is coming up to 5 months, ever since she was born she has always slept well during the night, in the early days waking every 2-3 hours then that decreased until we got to going to sleep at 9-10pm until 6-7am!!! until recently that is........she has now taken up waking approx twice in the night and not wanting any feed, sometimes if I give her the dummy she goes back to sleep but other times, like last night, she was quite happy to chat and play for about 1.5 hours! I keep the room dark and I don't talk back at her but she still refuses to go to sleep!!! Is this normal for her age or for babies to go completely out of their normal routine?? I am exhausted and have no idea what to do. We live in a 1 bed flat, looking to move soon, so I can't just put her in her own room so I have no choice but to deal with it.

HELP!!! x x

Replies

• Options
    how much is she sleeping during the day? does she get upset if you dont pick her up when she is awake and chatting in the night?
    My LO is 6 months and has slept through since 3 months 7-7am, but about a month ago decided that it was good fun to wake up at 5am for a little chat, initially i went in and tried to settle him (patting and shhhing) but after a few days i decided to not go in and see what happened, the next day he didnt wake up and hasnt since so i think he just found his voice and was practicing!!!
  • Options
    she has definitely found her voice screaming and shouting then smiling when you approach or look at her!!!! she wakes up for about 1-2 then has half hour to 1 hour sleep, then over lunch she will have about 1-2 hours then she will have 2 more half hour sleeps until 9. she feeds ok during the day. I wish we did have a room where i could just let her be! she doesn't get too upset if I don't pick her up she just lies there coo'ing.

x x
  • Options
    oooooo mia's mummy Tilly started at about 18 weeks and is now just over 20 so only 3 weeks to go then!!!! x
  • Options
    My lo has always been a good sleeper too and was going from 7-7 with a DF at 10pm since he was 8 weeks old he then decided to drop the dream feed adn was quite happily going from 7- 6:30 but like the others he now wakes between 4:30 and 5:30 in the morning and just chats away. He's in his own room and we have the monitor on but I have to turn it off because I can't sleep I just open the bedroom door a bit so I can hear him cry but he never does. He isn't waking for food as he will normally go back to sleep after 1/2 an hour or so but then I don't and I could really do without the early morning wake up call.
  • Options
    hahahaha at you mummypiglit, good for you to admitting to turning the monitor off!!! I would do the same, we do have a big bedroom but not big enough to have an east and west wing so can't escape the chat!

Thank you for your replies girls....are you watching BB by the way????? x x x
  • Options
    its a normal thing for waking at this time as there is so much for the LO to process, i think we are just coming to the end of it as LO is starting to sleep better now x
  • Options
    man i hope it doesn't last much longer, my oh is away alot and this is tough on your own!!!!

xxx