Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

your mood before going into labour...

Hi ladies I'm crashing from pregnancy and toddler forum really, but would love some feed back.

I'm 38+4, and have been feeling fine, had a week absolutely full of braxton hicks, and feeling quite excited, full of busy and nesting like crazy.

Today however I've been absolutey miserable. thats the only way i can put it. I can't think of anything inparticular which is irritating me, I just feel so moody, depressed, snappy, and restless. All I've really done all day is lie on the bed, had a snooze a few times, and I've just been pacing about the house aimlessly not really knowing what to do with myself.

Getting into the evening I feel like If i allowed myself, I would just burst into tears (looking after my daughter so trying hard to get a grip!)

I just feel very hormonal and slugish and pants. how did you all feel leading upto labour? I'm wondering if it's some kind of sign.......

Replies

• Options
    anybody?
  • Options
    That's how I felt. Except I was also devil woman. The only thing that cheered me up was chatting to my niece (she was only 2 - the chats weren't up to much) so I kept phoning her up. In between that I was just a miserable cow really.
  • Options
    Hey hun! I was exactly 38+4 when I went into labour! But my mood was fine so don't know really. I did have a "show" the night before though and I really panicked but midwife said a show can happen up to 2 weeks beofre you can go into labour so I tried to relax but I was really nervous and at the same time I tried to take my mind off it. It could be just your hormones playing with you? x

Kay x
    **Everyone needs to either save or make money!**
    To find out how you can both, visit www.triple-value.co.uk
  • Options
    I was a devil woman all through my preg! My mood actually lifted before labour. It was kinda like all the hormones had 'clicked' and were like 'yup cmon let's do this' lol u wasn't snappy or irritable anymore and felt eerily calm. Looking back on it now I'm surprised I didn't realise what was happening

pacing up and down like a dog trying to find a space to sleep (lol) is perfectly normal at the end of preg and usually accompanies nesting. I used to go for a wee and be in there for 20mins cause I'd start scrubbing the sink! X
  • Options
    I don't really remember but I've just asked OH and he simply said "you were evil for about 3 days before you had her"...loving the fact that I can't remember that! I do know that I was out digging a delivery driver out of the snow the night before I went into labour, I think a good bit of physical exercise helps!
  • Options
    I felt a bit weird with my first... i couldn't put my finger on it though, not sure how i felt really, just not right!

With my second i felt totally normal and started cleaning the bathroom and my waters went, no warning signs at all xx