Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Camping with baby and toddler

Has anyone done this? What do I need?

I'm going camping for the May bank holiday weekend and doing a 7 mile charity walk as part of it. Charlie will be 7.5 months and Abby 2.5 years. Do they need special sleeping bags, cots etc?

H xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, we've done this a few times now - when our youngest was 1yr old we had her in a travel cot and I would def recommend this as they are safe and contained!

We had our older 2 in ready beds and they were fine - just take plenty of extra blankets as it can get mighty cold at night camping, even in summer.

Well done on the charity walk - hope it goes well for you x
  • Options
    My husband has been trying to convince me that "we" would like to go camping. I'm pretty sure he would like it but not me so much!

Ready beds are a good idea for lo. Did you take an air mattress for adults too ? That makes it seem a litte more civilised but I'm still not convinced. x
  • Options
    Hi, yes we took a double blow up bed for us as well - I wouldn't go otherwise lol! Dh got a chargeable automatic pump as well so we don't have to spend hours foot-pumping up the beds either! Would thoroughly recommend!! Although obviously I miss out on my thigh-trimming exercise now!