Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

4 year old wetting herself every evening.

Hi All,

I really am at my witts end with my daughter & I am after advice from anyone that may have had any similar issues.

My daughter has been in pants for well over a year & a half & up until the last month the only accidents she has had have been when she cant get to a toilet quick enough. Lately she has taken to saying she needs a wee, taking herself off to our downstairs toilet (as she would do normally), sitting on the floor next to the toilet & peeing herself through her clothes.

I dont think it is solely related to started school, as she she was doing it just before she went. I know it is probably attention seeking, but nothing I have done/said has stopped it. I have even taken to phoning Father Christmas to take a present out of her sack every time that she does it.

Please help, Supa x x

Replies

• Options

I'm sorry hun I don't have any advice but can sympathise, I'm desperate to get my 4yo dry at night but am getting nowhere. Hopefully it's just a phase xx

• Options

Thanks hun. Finding it especially hard this week as oh on lates, so after being at work all day, picking up dd from afterschool club, making tea etc its all a bit much. Just feel like we are going backwards. Hope you are well x x

• Options

Hi ladies , dd had a similair problem with her dd , would wet the bed at night n often wet her pants during the day, went to gp who just said it was 1 of those things , she put her in the special night time pants at night  , was in them for a while , she has grown out of it now , think it is when she was going through change that it was worse , hopefully when she settles at school things will settle down , but I found the more relaxed I was when my 3 yold was poohing her pants the less she did it , I know it's hard when you're stressed after a long day  , it seems worse but it's like when they have tantrums n terrible twos if there is no audience it's not so much fun n they soon stop , sorry couldn't be more help hun , hope you're keeping well x x