Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hobbies

Hey there

Just wondered for those ladies not working or those taking maternity leave quite early, what are you planning on doing to fill the time. I was wondering about taking up some kind of hobby - something not too active - like drawing or knitting or something! Maybe knitting would be useful so I could knit some booties! How do you pass the time without overdoing it?

x x x

Replies

• Options
    I enjoy cross-stitch... find it very relaxing... am such an old lady! I can knit a scarf but that's about it - I find I always knit tight and don't like the end result.

I can't wait to start maternity leave but still enjoy a bit of cross-stitch of an evening if I want to chill out with telly or music in the background.

Once I go on maternity (37 weeks) I plan to load the freezer with pasta sauce, lasagne and chillis, interspersed with cross-stich, snoozing and general pootling about the internetimage

MMM - really can't wait! Just 8 weeks more to go in the office
  • Options
    ooo, good idea Weeza about cooking - I'm not a brilliant cook (DH is much better!) but I think I'll have to start learning some more recepies as essentially be a 'housewife' (that makes me giggle, never thought I would be a 'housewife' but am really looking forward to it)! x