Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Obedient Wife

2»

Replies

• Options
    Thanks miracleinme - couldn't have put it better. For Christians it's about being equal in God's eyes but with different roles. A husband who is being considerate and loving is BRILLIANT and taking their lead is no stress. I know no one respects and pays attention to me like my husband does. In the end, it's not about him being in charge it's about both of us showing God's in charge. It's really sad when this is twisted and men dominate and women lose all sense of self and value. Not seen the programme so can't really comment on whether I agree with the examples shown!
  • Options
    Didnt see the prog so probably cant comment really, but what has religion got to do with it? Some people behave like that whether they believe in a faith or not. I had religion shoved down my throat as a child and have no religion now and havent done for many many years, I dont need a man or a man of cloth telling me how to behave, I have morals a plenty.
  • Options
    I'm definitely with you on that one funky rabbit!!
  • Options
    I don't listen to my oh, I'm also trying really hard to ignore the voices. (I don't want to burn them all!)
  • Options
    Thanks for support Alio123! Funky Rabbit, some people take their guidance for living from a religious point of view and others don't! Either way people have a mind of their own. Religion, if correctly played out - allows us to have a mind of our own and explore our individuality. A lot of things people object to are common sense i.e. murder is wrong - you don't need to be religious to agree with that one, but the Bible says that is the case too. (although some people find a place for murder but that is a different story!!) Funnily enough, a lot of societal morals have Biblical bases as do a lot of the British laws - but naturally people do not have to have a religious foundation to live a good life...! It is sad that you had religion shoved at you as a child - happened to me to! I hated it! But that does not mean religion is bad....just the people that were doing the shoving! sorry for going on but I get a bee in my bonnet when religion is forced down peoples throats - especially childrens' - then when the bitterness sets in, people are denied the beauty of exploring that side of life. X
  • Options
    Well each to their own Miracleinme, thats your belief and I have have mine. Its not just my parents who are to blame either, its the feckers at the top who think they ARE god. There are many "beautiful" aspects of life to explore and contemplate; whether there is a god or not is not one I wish to focus on.