Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bitch midwife and midwife support

I went for my 16 week check and when i got there i realised that i knew the midwifes support worker from a previous job and she is also a frined of a friend. i said i didnt want her in the room (politely) and the midwife nearly bit my head off. she said the support would have to take my blood. i said no and anyway id already done all the blood thing. plus i thought these supports were only supposed to do clerical stuff and leave the medical care to the actual midwife. the midwife said she thought i was "STRANGE" as she thought it would be nice to have someone i know looking after me! she was short sharp ans shitty all the way through my apt. when i tcame to the heartbeat she said are you bothered about listening to the heartbeat today? DUH of course i fucking am! i got on the bed she pressed hard on the doppler said thats your babys heartbeat and removed it a split second later. I then asked if i would be getting a named midwife and she no that didnt happen in my area so i said thank god cos i wouldnt want you again. she said she had enough fussy patients as it was. honestly when i left the room as the support was coming back in i felt awful my ears were burning like hell all the way home! :x
if she comes in during labour i may strangle hair with the gas n air pipe, does anyone know my rights in regards to not being treated by someone you know personally?

Replies

• Options
    you can see how mad i am cos ive just reread my post and im cringing at all the grammatical and spelling mistakes. the support worker is actually a lovely person its not the point though, its my body i should have some say at who pokes and prods it.
  • Options
    How bloody rude! I think i would of kicked her arse before i left! I would put in a complant with the surgery and demand they change your midwife!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev251pr___.png

• Options
    I'm sure you can say your intitled to your confidental information to be kept private however as you know this person it compromises that and its effectting your care. xxx
  • Options
    That is disgusting i wud definately put in a complaint about that midwife, u have every right to request the support not to be in there, and regarding her comment about "fussy patients", you have every right!!! Wat a bitch I no mw are stretch to the limit at the minute but for good sakes show a lil compassion to us pregnant women. If i wer u i wud defo take it further, she had no right to treat u like that. Lets hope ur next appt goes better. Kerry xxx
    http://b2.lilypie.com/QuN30/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• Options
    what a cow! i would def put a complaint in! these people are supposed to be there to make you feel relaxed and put your needs first! not act like a complete bitch towards you.
    i dont think its a strange request at all, i wouldnt want someone i know attending me either hun!
    its good that you get someone dif next time at least!