Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

teething and illness

im just wandering if any mums have had any experience with this. my 16months old has been ill on and off for a few months now. if it not a viral bug its a tummy bug and if not that then its the cold, it is driving my potty. anyway i notice that directly after she has been ill and tooth seems to a ppear and i just wander if this could be anything to do with it, does it knock their a=immune system.

thanks

Replies

• Options
    My daughter is 14 months and has been exactly the same! Everytime she gets ill, my oh says, "I bet you're gonna say it's a tooth!" Which I do... and it usually is!!!
    I think their immune system gets shot when teething as they feel run-down with it all. My lo just got 4 back teeth come through between the end of Jan and End of Feb. That was bad. She's also just had gastro wotsit and low and behold I can see another couple on their way!
  • Options
    its dreadfull isnt it. i feel so bad for her when she is ill. she has no extra weight as it is and everytime she gets ill she looses more. she only weighs about 19-20lbs. its her eye tooth thats coming at the moment. i just hope that we dont have to go through it again for the next one.
  • Options
    My mom and mother in law both told me from the start when my LO starts teething he will get a runny nose or a sore bum - and both has happened! Who knows why it happens but it does when my LO gets a new tooth.