Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help! Bleeding after sex (way tmi sorry)

Hay Ladies,

Im in need of some advice!
OH and I had sex for the first time last night since I found out I was pregnant (mainly havn't wanted to as Ive felt so crap!). This morning i had some pinkish bleeding when I wiped, but I know this is quite common,so wasn't too worried. But its now become alot heavier and a little bit clotty (sorry tmi). I phoned the comunity midwife who was not interested and told me to call the out of hours doctor, which I did, and they told me someone would get back to me, but that was nearly 2 hours ago!
I am totally freaking out!

Anyone with any reassuring advice would be really good.

Naomi xx

Replies

• Options
    hi
    iv been told to worry if the blood turns a bright red colour or gets heavyer,if it does id go down to a&e there usally pritty good,i went down at 24 weeks with cramps, they usally do all the checks ie-babys heart beat ect,and put your mind at rest
    hope this was a little helpful.
    x
  • Options
    Hi yeah i agree with sam86. If you are that worried i would just go straight to a+e. When i was pregnant with my first (before i knew i was pregnant) I bled after sex and thought it was my period. Only lasted a day and then shortly after found out i had been pregnant. My son is now 8 so no damage done but i would go just to put your mind at rest.

Good luck xx
  • Options
    if your seeing fresh coloured blood i'd definatly get checked out. It could be all or nothing but its better to be safe than sorry.

Hope all goes well

Lisa xxx
  • Options
    Hay Ladies,
    Thanks for all of the advice, as this is my second baby I thought I would be a bit more clued up and calmer but everything still throws me into a panic!
    Ive been to the hospital and they scanned me as I still had heavy bleeding, but baby was fine and they couldn't see any problems. So they did an internal and I have burst some blood vessels, so all is fine and the bleeding has started to slow now.

Thanks Again
    Naomi
    xx