Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ollier2001 or anyother qualified medical people!

Hi, sorry to bug you! Sure yr busy enough. Just wanted to pick yr brains.... I'm getting a rubella booster jab tomorrow after showing as 'low immunity' when I was tested whilst pregnant with Darcey, anyway I was just wondering if u knew how long you are supposed towait after it before ttc. I've looked it up on the internet-get varying advice from one month(bearable for me...just) to three months(makes me panick)! I asked my dr today and she didn't think it's as long as 3 months but said to double check with nurse tomorrow, which I will do. Just wondered if anyone knew or had a opinion! The more opinions the better I think!image thanks xxxx

Replies

• Options
    hi hon!!
    sorry, haven't been on here for a long while!!

we recommend 3 months after the MMR before trying to catch again (probably because the symptoms of any of the 3 illnesses combined in the vaccine can take a while to show themselves, and we no longer give the rubella on its own)

you possibly know all this now anyway, but didnt want you to think i was ignoring you

good luck with the ttc!

xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hay, Ollier2001... I had wondered where you had dissapeared to! Hehe, thankyou for your reply, I am currently 4 days into the dreaded two week wait! This is our second month of trying so fingers crossed! Xxx