Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2018

Replies

• Options

Meme I will be taking my husband to mine just because he wants to come 🙈 I don't think he'll be able to come to all my check ups with work but he'll be there for scans :) x

• Options

Mine wants to come tomorrow.  He would of come to the Doctors with me yesterday but got called into work 

• Options

Morning ladies i hope everyone is well today :-).

Im 9 hours in to my first shift back at work and im so exhausted i cant wait to see my babies in a few hours though i cannot remember how i coped with the hours while i was pregnant with my son (it was only 9months ago so you would think i would remember haha) i had to tell my manager as soon as i got in unfortunatly as they wanted me to look after a high risk patient which wouldnt be sensible but she was thrilled for me which is such a relief.

How soon are you all going to tell work?

Meme during my first pregnancy my hubby came to every single app with me (he was working far more flexible hours then) which i found really lovely as he wanted to be there and it helped him feel more part of it :-) 2nd time round he wasnt able to be there all the time but came to every scan :-).

X

• Options

I think im going to tell work around the 12 week mark just because Im a teacher so don't really have any heavy lifting etc think im just worried incase they have already decides where everyone will be placed next year and I mess it up 😐 I just don't want to tell them too early xxx

• Options

I think the basic guidelines is no alcohol/smoking (or try your hardest)

Avoid soft cheeses, raw fish and bloody meat like rare steaks. 

Eggs are okay as long as they are lion stamped. 

I've switched to decaf tea and decaf coffee to be safe. 

And my biggest lesson learned - you are not eating for two. I did that last time and gained almost four stone. 4months pp I started weight loss and have lost 5st 6lb this past 8 months! Will be much more aware this time around of what I'm eating!! 

Also, I do a exercise with baby class...do I tell the instructor before class today? Can I keep doing the class? It's mainly ab exercises, squats and pelvic floor strengthening whilst using baby as a weight. I really hope I don't have to give that up x

• Options

And I've already told my boss. Only member of the company that knows though. Wanted to tell him just so someone is aware so he's aware if morning sickness etc effects my workload and  just incase God forbid the worst happened and I needed time off etc xx

• Options

Stephie I would tell your excersize class instructor and go a little easy maybe.   Im thinking of taking up gentle swimming.  

we have told our immediate family Mums Dads Brothers and Sisters.  Our closest friends - one of mine is pregnant too after a miscarriage a few months ago and weve told the directors at the small company we both work at - good job really as I had to tell him yesterday I would be late in today And he's been totally supportive.  

We figured that we are just so happy and excited and proud we wanted to share it, but also if (I hope not) but something goes wrong we will have support around us.  

My Husband is getting a bit annoyed that I'm not 100% positive and when I say hopefully everything will be ok

• Options

Meme I think I'll get to class a little early today to let her know - she can be quite tough with the exercises!! 

I remember with our first we told close family and work before 12 week mark. It's such an exciting time isn't it! My mother in law told all the local at her pub etc when I was only around 7 weeks so this time we feel we've got no choice but to keep it quiet. 

Ive told my sister, man of honour and a bridesmaid because they are going to have to help me secretly switch alcohol to non alcoholic drinks next month at my hen do! Xx

• Options

I think with things like exercises and lifting it's stuff that you wouldn't normally do. I'm. Still lifting my 7 month old lump in her car seat but my body is used to that. You know your body and capabilities. we prob won't tell anyone until we really have too but that's what we did last time x

• Options

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding too Stephie.  Yes I agree cberg i think your body does cope better if it's what you normally do, 

• Options

Hi everyone, sorry to interrupt your chat, but we just wondered if any of you have tattoos, do you fancy snapping and sharing them on this new thread? We'd love to see them! 

• Options

Awwh congratulations on your wedding Stephie, when is the wedding ☺️? X

• Options

I had my first midwife appointment today, everything seemed ok.  Theyve dated me further along than I am because of when my last period was.  Shes given me lots of information to read and she's done a blood test.  

Tonight though Ive been to toilet and got some bloody discharge 😥

• Options

oh meme keeping everything crossed for you. See how it goes how many weeks do you think you are? Do you track ovulation? Could it be implantation bleeding?

• Options

Jellytots glad everyone has been supportive. I popped into work today to discuss going back. I didn't tel them. I didn't tell them until 20 weeks last time but if everything ok at 12 week scan then I will tel them shortly after.

I have decided that I'm going to contact my previous consultant to see if I can get the medication I use daily in my previous pregnancy

• Options

I've just been to the toilet again and it's just a small amount of the brown staff I usually get before my period so I'm hopeful.  

Midwife dated me 7 +6 because my last period was 16/03/17.  

I had very strong ovulation pains on 23/04/17 

my cbd which I took on monday and today reads 1-2 weeks 

• Options

Ahh ok as you don't have regular cycles do you? hopefully then your be having a scan in a few weeks. Is this the furthest you have gotten meme? Maybe see if they will prescribe you progesterone? 

• Options

Hiya all.. just a update..  

I went for a early scan yesterday and as well as seing the sac and little peanut inside they also found a hemorrage. I'm not bleeding and have to go back for another scan next week..  have any of you ladies experienced this in previous pregnancies.. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be ok.. xx

• Options

Hi cberg.  I don't have regar cycles At all.  Better than they used to be. I've been trying to get tested to see if I need more progesterone but they just don't seem to want to test or examine at all.  This is the furthest I've got.  I never had a digital test positive before because my hormones never got that strong