Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    I have been doing the nipple stimulation which I do find makes me get more cramps. Don’t want to over do it though. Pains are still on and off in waves but I feel like I need to go back to the loo every five minutes. Needing to wee loads too which to me says baby has dropped a bit more again. Lower back pain keeps coming in waves too. Hubby thinks I’m putting it all on and isn’t impressed but I get it as Iv had so many false Alarms now. He’s taken our son out for a walk and daughter wanted to stay with mummy. May have a bath later to see if it helps. X
  • Options
    How you getting on @*MrsS*? Any more movement? X
  • Options
    @NicolaCU unfortunately everything slowed down again, I think all the bowel movements aggravated my abdomen which caused the cramps. Last night I was getting cramps and tightenings again when I was in the bath. By the time I got out they were still coming but very subtle so I went to bed. Woke up this morning and still getting them, still no closer together but slightly stronger tightenings. Just sat in bed having raspberry leaf tea and dates will try do some bouncing on my ball later see if it makes any difference at all   Xx
  • Options
    Oh bless you. Being a little pickle by the sounds of it. Fingers crossed for this weekend x
  • Options
    Been to maternity unit. Thought I was leaking but was just mucus plug and then a bit later bloody show. Contractions have started but not in established labour yet. 
  • Options
    Good luck @MrsS35. Fingers crossed won’t be long for you. Xx
  • Options
    Good luck @MrsS35. Look forward to the update x 
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    Good luck hopefully will not be too long for u
  • Options
    Ooh, good luck @MrsS35. Can't wait to hear about your little boy. You didn't even have to decide whether to be induced! He's on his own clock xx
  • Options
    This is agony. Still not established labour. Was only 2cm dilated at about 6pm yesterday. 
  • Options
    Oh @MrsS35 your doing so well. I had a long one with my first so I feel you. You have got this. Not long now untill you have baby cuddles. Every contraction is one step closer. ❤
  • Options
    @NicolaCU I know. Keep trying to tell myself that but so painful. I'm knackered and can't sleep as contractions wake me up. Wish I could be admitted so could have some help with the pain. 
  • Options
    Will they not let you go up for pain relief? Hopefully you are abit more dilated. It's the hardest thing in the world but you are doing amazing girl x
  • Options
    MrsS35 said:
    @NicolaCU I know. Keep trying to tell myself that but so painful. I'm knackered and can't sleep as contractions wake me up. Wish I could be admitted so could have some help with the pain. 
    Can you get in a warm bath? I know it’s one of the most over used bits of advice but it really helped me. Failing that are you far enough in that you could have pethadine? That will help you sleep for a while and as long as you’re not too far gone it won’t effect baby. You’re doing really well, focus on the relief after a contraction and count backwards from 20 when the next one comes. You can do this!
  • Options
    Just keep think each contraction is getting me closer to seeing little one.
  • Options
    Not far along enough for them to do anything. They told me to take paracetamol which doesn't help at all. 
  • Options
    Have a soak in a bath it will help make sure though ur bumb is under the water. 
  • Options
    Lots of bouncing on a ball to speed things up. You can also take cocodamol for pain relief if you haven’t already. A warm bath is also very soothing. Best of luck lovely. Hope baby doesn’t keep you waiting much longer. 
    No signs this morning for me. I’m just telling myself now to relax and not think about it any more as I’m winding myself up over it all. X
  • Options
    When my husband's up I'll try a bath in case I fall asleep. Might get someone to go to chemist for me to get something better than paracetamol 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions