Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2020 - Part 3

1474849505153»

Replies

• Options
    @Prettyliar25 had my c-section yesterday morning so will def take on all of that advice! Thank you
  • Options
    @Prettyliar25 thanks for the advice! I have a 13 month at home so my journey going home is going to be really difficult but I need to get home to rest and not have to do anything for a day with my newborn so I can sleep and what not! I’ve had a reaction to the epidural as it went to far in so I’ve got the headache constantly and will be seeing how it goes but may have to have the blood patch to reverse any damage done! I don’t feel 100% but my section was only yesterday as well but hoping if i can go home I can become a little normal gradually! So difficult to know what’s best as I know hospital is best for me and Summer but equally I need to get home to rest x
  • Options
    @Chkitty oh goodness that sounds horrible. I know as much as hospital is best because they can monitor you and make sure everything is ok it's just impossible to sleep and feel normal and create some sort of routine with baby especially when they come in to do checks so much. Are you in with other people or a room of your own? We had to press an alarm to call the midwife if we needed anything or help and this was constantly going off as well as other babies crying ect you definitely just want the comfort of your own home and bed 
  • Options
    @Prettyliar25 I’m thankfully in a room on my own but was originally with a group of other ladies! Hoping to go home today so fingers crossed! 
    Although I’ve already got a 13 month old i can’t even begin to explain how I’d forgot the cluster feeding stage the night sleep being absolutely awful I’m so tired! 

• Options
    @Chkitty we are on day 6 & I can say breastfeeding has gotten much easier. My milks fully come in, my nipples have adjusted to to baby latched on so the pain is only there for that 5 second initial latch. 
    Because we are are home we have chosen to co - sleep as it makes breastfeeding much easier. 
    In line with the lullaby trust (no one smokes, I don't use a duvet etc which is easier at the moment with the warmer weather, he sleeps next to me not inbetween me and my husband, and obviously breastfeeding helps reduce any chance of anything happening with heartbeat regulation etc etc)
    It seems to make night feeding ten to es easier I must admit x
  • Options
    Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone’s little ones are well! Still excited to hear about any new arrivals! Who is still waiting?

So Rex WAS perfect 😂 - he slept through the night (I had to set an alarm to wake up so I could feed and change him), and things were going perfectly... well as you can imagine that soon ended and last night was hell!!! From about 6pm he decided to introduce me to cluster feeding and he fed pretty much hourly for 25mins+ each time until about, hmm an hour ago? I’m shattered as is my husband. We think at some point it stopped being about the milk and more about the skin to skin. Everytime we put him in his cot he’d have a meltdown (it’s a chicco next2me cot so right next to us) and he wouldn’t chill until one of us was holding him. 

Has anyone had this and if so any tips/tricks? Obviously we can’t go to sleep holding him and whilst I ADORE a cuddle I don’t want to encourage this behaviour. Also I don’t think my boobs could keep up! Hopefully last night was a one off but if I can do anything to prevent a repeat I am all ears!!
  • Options
    @PaulaLarr yea ozzy did this for the. First few nights and would cry whenever he's put in the next to me cot, it can be about the soothing sensation of sucking, I remembered from the first time round when my already big born son got weighed and they were bacically like you are over feeding him, he doesn't want the milk it's just the comfort of sucking! So they recommended I gave him a dummy and I did! It worked and its worked this time as well, soon as we give ozzy his dummy in his next to me he settles and let's us sleep :) you could try that? I kmow not everybody wants to give a dummy but if it works it's worth it x
  • Options
    @PaulaLarr at about day 3 I think it is they cluster feed at night to stimulate your milk supply, when you woke up we’re your boobs really full and firm? It soon lifts as your supply matches up with babies needs. They do sometimes cluster around growth spurts as well. Austin has had bad wind the last few nights so we’ve been up and down with him a lot! Hoping it settles off soon x
  • Options
    Thank you @Rebecca1992 & @Frankie86 sounds like this is common, Will def be more prepared for tonight! Glad this is normal :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone, can we check in - we think most of babies have arrived, but lots to keep track of so I may well be wrong - but we will be closing this thread imminently, so please do head over, if you've not already, to the May Babies thread
  • Options
    Ok everyone, we think all the babies are here. 
    A few peeps we've not heard from in a while, but hopefully they'll find the May Babies thread if they check back in here. Congratulations everyone :blush:  
    Closing this thread now. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions