Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in November 2019

Replies

• Options
    Me too I have 2wks til mine it’s really dragging, 
    How far along are you now? 
    Im meant to be going on a girly night out at the weekend, I feel bad as I keep saying yes I’m still coming can’t wait really looking forward to it Ect I just really don’t want any of them knowing so on Saturday I’m going to send a message saying I’m I’ll so won’t make it x
  • Options
    @Loz27 my scan is 2 weeks tomorrow when I’ll be exactly 12 weeks. I’m 10 weeks tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Il be 12+5 on mine probably because I requested a Monday, my brothers partner as just asked if we want to go Alton towers with them, how do I get out of that one lol 🙈 x
  • Options
    @Loz27 similar problem to me this week on holiday! I’m normally all over the big rides so going to be gutted to hold the coats. I’ll have to take a book to entertain me whilst I wait for other people to go on rides. Although I may still go on some of the tame ones, do you think that’s ok? 
  • Options
    I would of thought so but I personally wouldn’t, my last pregnancy I went to the water park in Tenerife and just went on tame things but my pregnancy did end in mc not that it had anything to do with going on the rides it was quite a long time afterwards but iv just been very cautious this time round x
  • Options
    @HealthyGenes1986 thats you staying in Cbeebies land then 😆besides it would give you a chance to familiarise yourself with the shows you will be watching non stop in 2 years time...The In the night garden boat ride should be fine 😂
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! Anyone else getting itchy about telling everyone, feels ages ago since we found out. I have a scan booked tomorrow (private) we caved. I have to tell a few people before my 12 week scan (which is why I decided on a private scan). I have a hen in a week and trying to explain why I won’t be drinking in the four days is impossible unless I come clean! I’m also a bit nervous about telling a friend. She is coming on hen but has been trying for over 6-7 years. I know she will be pleased but know it upset her. I’m telling her before the hen though so she knows and has a few days to get used to it. 

They found a bleed on my early scan close to baby so that’s now playing on my mind! I wish I asked more questions now but so relieved baby was there with a lovely flicker! 

Hope everyone is ok! 
  • Options
    @Larat84 similar situation to me, I have a friend who has been trying over a year so not as long as your friend but she is literally obsessed with the idea of having a family and even has a spare room done up like a nursery :-/ I haven’t had the balls to tell her yet so let me know how it goes and if you have any advice! Also good luck with the scan x 
  • Options
    Hi ladies hope your all well 😊 I’m in a bit of a panic I woke up this morning and my symptoms which hit me a few days ago have totally disappeared, I just keep thinking the worse as last baby stopped growing at 8 weeks ( I’ll be 8 weeks on Friday) midwife said they won’t scan me until 12 weeks as I’ve only had one miscarriage ☹️ 
  • Options
    @Nikkinarno try not to worry. My symptoms have been hit and miss. I’ve had a few days if nothing at all then suddenly out of nowhere I’ll wake up and it hits me again. Saying that, with my last two boys I had zero symptoms at all with either of them. Every pregnancy is different. 

Can you afford to book a private scan to put your mind at rest? We had one at weekend, and as expensive as it was, it’s reassured me that everything is ok. Try to give yourself small milestones - maybe try and get past the 8 week mark and see if you can get a scan booked? 
  • Options
    I was thinking about that we have one just 2 miles away but I just keep thinking if I go and everything is ok I’ll be panicking again the following week. I’m trying not to get myself worked up and just keep saying to myself what will be will be, I did ask the midwife if the same happened again (baby stopped growing at 8 weeks and didn’t mc until 11weeks) would a pregnancy test get lighter due to lack of hormones being produced and she said yes, as that’s what I’ve been doing a lot taking tests! The positive line comes up before the control line so i do have a strong hormone dectetion at the moment.  You would think after having 10 children I would know everything but I don’t 🤷‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @Nikkinarno haha you would think being a midwife with two children I would know everything but I don’t! 😂 I feel like I’m constantly second guessing myself this time. It’s human nature isn’t it for us to worry. Especially having suffered a mc before. I was the same with my last as I had a mc before him. 

I know what you mean about having a scan then worrying after - that’s exactly what I’ve been like this week. As soon as I came out of my scan on Sunday all I could think was what is something happens between now and the next scan. Maybe get yourself past that threshold you were at last time when you had a mc and you will feel better then. This first trimester really is the worst isn’t it. Although then I’ll start to worry about the 20 week scan! 🙄
  • Options
    @Nikkinarno I totally get what you mean about the worry. I'm trying to avoid an early scan as we really can't afford to have one but I know I'll cave.

Having a rubbish day today. I feel awful, my grampa passed away overnight and my in laws don't seem to understand that I don't have a spare £1600 to pay for flights to see them this summer. They just keep telling me prices might come down a bit - they'll have to half for me to pay it 🙄. Planes go both directions.... 
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 I’m so sorry for your loss ☹️ And with the in laws situation, I can understand what you mean as my other half isn’t English and his family are all abroad. Yes planes fly both ways, I say the exact same 😠
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss evelynsmummy, Nikki yes the scan will put your mind at ease for a week or so then you will be back to worrying just like I am, today iv hit the 11wk mark so praying little bean is still growing ok, last pregnancy I got to to 10+5 so trying to think positive x 
  • Options
    @Loz27 yes I think I’m just going to wait till my first hospital scan or I will be paying for scans every week which is a bit unrealistic when it comes to finances, you must feel a little easier know you have got to week 11 now
  • Options
    Yes a little bit I still worry I think it’s everyones nature 
  • Options
    Quick announcement! 
    We’re giving away a family holiday to Croatia! To be in with a chance of winning it, just check out Latest Discussions to enter! 
  • Options
    Well ive just booked in for a early scan next Friday, I’ll be 9 weeks then so hopefully this will put my mind at ease untill my nhs scan, which should only be about 3 weeks later! 😊
  • Options
    Hello everybody. I hope all is well. Read a few of your posts and looks like most of you are doing good. That’s wonderful. Just an update, I’m still pretty sick. I’ve still been puking for a few weeks non stop. Happens in the morning and from the afternoon throughout the night. I actually can’t hold down any water or crackers so it’s been pretty crazy. Even my prenatal won’t stay down. Went to the doctor on Monday and was diagnosed with an UTI and hyperemesis gravid-arum. I weighed in at 103, and I’ve lost almost 7 pounds. They did a Doppler over my stomach and we heard the heart beat loud and clear and she said it sounds very healthy. Thank goodness because I was getting scared. I’m now on Medicean for UTI, vitamin b6 and zofran for the vomiting. Today is day 3 and I haven’t puked just my body fights it like I’m going too. Having a lot of chest pains still too and nausea. I’m eating very light like apple sauce and drinking Gatorade since I’m dehydrated. She said I have about a hopefully month left of feeling like this then I should get better. I’m 10.5 weeks today and have another scan next Thursday to make sure everything is okay and follow up to make sure the meds are working and I don’t need I.Vs at the hospital. It’s been quite the journey but I’ve been so sick to get on here to talk to you guys. I honestly just lay around a lot and rest as I get motion sickness easy. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions