Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2020 - Part 3

1232425262729»

Replies

• Options
    @VRob123 not really and I’d say my supply isn’t as much as with my previous two but she seems happy and loads of wet nappies, biggest thing is eating and drinking lots make sure you drink a glass of something every time you feed and try to eat as well even if it’s just a banana I made lactation cookies and make sure I eat one when I feed they are full of ingredients that are supposed to help with you supply not sure they work but it’s definitely helped having something on hand to snack on during feeds, and feed on demand if they get fussy give them a good wind and try again the more you feed the better your supply will, be sorry for the long post I feel like I’ve just rambled 😂
  • Options
    @Metalchick I appreciate it, thank you! I offer boob first but tricky to feed on demand when he drains it but is still hungry 🙈. I’d love to get my supply up but it is what it is if I have to revert to Combo or full formula. Think it’s just me, supply went within a few weeks with my daughter too 
  • Options
    @VRob123 that’s tough the main thing I’ve found is definitely eating and drinking I definitely find if I haven’t eaten well it’s down, but as long as your baby is fed it doesn’t matter if it’s boob or bottle! 
  • Options
    @SmithL35 it’s a lot of information to take on board isn’t it. I remember being petrified with my first child, saying that I still worry lots now 🤦🏻‍♀️.

As the days goes on you’ll get to know him more and more and you’ll grow in confidence.  

Tips:
    I would say if you want to breastfeed then persevere because you need baby to help your milk supply. 
    My milk didn’t come in till day 5 because a stressful delivery can delay things. I would imagine you have colostrum atm and that’s ‘liquid gold’, it’s great for baby. 

Put a hot towel over boobs if they get engorged.

take pain killers - paracetamol and ibuprofen every 4hrs for at least 3 days when you’re home... DON’T miss any. 

Stay as mobile as you can because it will help you recover - weird but true. 

Wake baby to feed for the first few weeks to up your milk supply.

take him temperature at least x2 a day for the first few weeks. Temperature’s are very dangerous in babies. 

He doesn’t realise you aren’t the same person yet so it would be normal for him to be unsettled and clingy. The world can feel quite scary for him at the moment. 

Take care of yourself, don’t beat yourself up and be kind to yourself hunni. It might not feel like it sometimes but you’re his whole world and he thinks you’re nothing less than perfect. 

You’re IMPORTANT too. Take the help xxx
  • Options
    @SmithL35 I’m pleased your home! Hopefully you start to feel comfortable. The first days are always awful, we feel so sore & poorly in ourselves but are up & down with baby.
    The feed every 3hrs seems new since my daughter but I tried it and it wasn’t working. Arthur was only taking 1oz bottle if that & he wasn’t even drinking every time when waking every 3hrs. His nappies were wet & he poops plenty so as of last night we’ve decided to feed when he’s hungry. So far he’s now on 2oz drinking quicker & so much more settled when sleeping. 🤞🏻 I guess we know our babies and will find what’s right for them. If hungry they’ll sure let us know ! xx 
  • Options
    XOXO1 said:
    I have to admit I feel quite emotional. Most of us have bad. Talking since we were around 6 weeks pregnant and we’ve seen each other through to the end. I just think this is such a special part of our lives and I’m so grateful to have shared it with such lovely people xxx
    Aww! My hormones have deffo kicked in today and I’ve just read this 😭. It’s actually so true, how crazy we’ve been on here since day dot of getting our BFP ..that seems so long ago!
    I’ve joined 3x chats over 2years due to MCs and simple things like completing this group makes me so grateful 👶🏻 
  • Options
    Hello everyone, how's it all going? Are you all doing ok? Is everyone home from hospital? 
  • Options
    @CharHughes bless you, it’s really emotional because it’s a chapter of our lives that’s over, we w turned the page together all of us. Sending you a huge virtue hug xx
  • Options
    Hello everyone, 

Sorry to have been a bit quiet.....I had no idea how little time there is once you have a baby!!!

We are so in love with Oscar, had a bit of a wobble yesterday with breastfeeding because I obviously hadn't got him on right and he chewed the aerola and it was so sore!! And now my milk is in one of my boobs was on fire :/ I tried lying down to feed him instead and it really helped.

My c section mark has been sore, going to phone the midwife today about it. Apart from that all is good, I still can't believe I am a Mummy and finally have my baby!!! X

• Options
    @SmithL35 look how happy you both are! You’re smashing it mummy xxx 
  • Options
    Thank you @VRob123 x
  • Options
    Hi everyone, we hope you and the babies are doing well.
    We're just popping by to let you know we are closing this birth club now. 
    Please come on over to the September 2020 Babies thread and let us know how things are - good or bad, we know those early days can be exhausting. See you over there :smile:
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions