Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The storm!

2»

Replies

• Options

Oh no, just seen this www.itv.com/.../teenager-dies-in-storm this is just up the road from me Sad

• Options

That's so sad sshh. That's why we came home From our caravan break.

I think south and South east were the worst?

• Options

Very little near me apart from rain and winds, but nothing worse than a normal rain storm from what I can see - although there has apparently been some flash floods nearly and trains cancelled due to fallen trees on the line further south.  I wasn't really expecting it to be too bad since we're near the most northern areas that had the amber weather warnings.

That's awful news about that teenager, I've read there's been 2 deaths - fingers crossed there won't be any more Sad

• Options

Luckily we only had one tree down at work and it missed a touring caravan by less than an inch!! Also had roof of one of our bbq areas blown off but otherwise it's been fine - very windy and the rain was ridiculous but nowhere near as bad a storm as we were initially predicted thankfully :)

• Options

I stayed at my mums as thought it would be quieter (we live in the countryside, so alot of lanes for trees to fall on). But we should have stayed at home as a tree fell in her garden and missed my window by next to nothing. - Just heard this massive CREAK and I picked up K who I had just brought into my bed and ran. When I went back in and opened the blinds it was there next to my window!!! I think my hands have only just stopped shaking now!

Eventually it all calmed down so headed off to nursery/work but the traffic was horrendous. Loads of roads closed but 1 particular road that was closed was causing havoc.  When I saw why, it sent shivers down my spine - a car with a tree near it and the roof totally cut off.  When I got to work I saw why... so sad  www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-england-24705066