Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Its TWINS!! :-) :-)

Replies

• Options

hi booey! ah, such wonderful news. are you going to find out what combination you've got in there? so exciting.

had a breakthrough today - oh approached me and said, on weighing it all up, he thinks we should ttc. so may be a mummy of two soon like you, i hope! xx

• Options
    hey there

yes we are definitely going to find out what they areimage maybe in couple of weeks, Im now 14 + 3 can't believe it lol. my sickness has eased up too yippee!

oh keep me informed on number 2 baby! image

x x
  • Options

oH, Cant wait to hear the news booey. very exciting... have you got an appointment for the next scan?

• Options
    not got date yet, but having private scan in few weeks as we can't wait! he he.

Im not very fat yet lol maybe cos my first :-P

x x
  • Options
    its twin boys!!

so happy x x
  • Options

OMG, that is fabulous honey!!! You can start buying lots of blue outfits image

Quick update on me-starting fertility treatment at the end of the month.Dh's sperm test came back at less than 1 million so almost impossible to conceive naturally. We managed to conceive in Feb and it ended in a missed mc so gonna go down the IVF route now to speed up the process!

xxx

• Options

Congrats that's fab news xx

• Options
    thank you both!

sweetJudy

oh exciting your starting ivf. .

when your doing that? Will it be nhs or private?. . ivf is such a blessing for ladies who can't conceive naturally!image x x
  • Options

Hey hun,

We've got our first NHS appointment at the end of December. We are thinking private thou because NHS are too slow. I've just sent in some on-line forms to clinics in Manchester and Nottingham, hope they'll contact me next week. Not sure how long it all takes. How long did it take for you from the first appointment?

xxx 

• Options
    hi sweetjudy

i went nhs twice, but i didn't wait that long at all. soon as i got my appointment with clinic once funding approved i was starting the next month, so might be worth saving your pennies but its up to you image if you have a failed cycle you have to wait 3 cycles to start again. how many goes nhs you get?

with my private one you can be seen pretty quick! think from start to finish the ivf process takes about 6 weeks, from the day start injection to day of testing. so 2 week down reg, 8-12 days stimulation, egg collection, 2 week wait. its over pretty quick before you know it! image

Will be lookin for updates! x x
  • Options

Hi boooey,

Thank you hun. Not sure how many goes we'll get or whether they will offer IVF straight away. They should offer it straight away because my partner has less than 1 million sperm so we've haven't really got a chance of conceiving naturally again image Our appointment is on 30th December and I'm hoping that they will bypass all the silly tests and refer us for IVF. They do it at our local hospital so it would be ideal! I was thinking about eggsharing when going private, should be eligible as long as my blood hormone levels are acceptable. This way, I would hopefully help somebody else get pregnant and hopefully I would get pregnant too. I will keep you updated!

Have you thought of names for your little boys yet?

xxx

• Options

Hey Boooey,

How are you honey? Have you started shopping for baby stuff yet?

A quick update on me:

I started dealing with a private clinic and went for a blood test last week. I got the results today!I called the clinic twice yesterday and they were not there so I dialed them again this afternoon and the receptionist said that she had to transfer me onto a nurse to get the results. Panic kicked in! The nurse said that my AMH levels were near the higher bracket at 53.2 so I was eligible for egg-sharing. I am so happy right now - something has finally gone right for us this year! We should be able to start the treatment in January image. It is going to cost me £850 instead of £5,000 so it is worth it and also I will be able to help a lady who cannot use her own eggs. I read that some ladies have to wait up to 5 years for an egg donor and it would be my pleasure if I could make it happen for one of them!

xxx

• Options

That's amazing Judy x

• Options

Thank you LH image xx

• Options
    hi sweetJudy

brilliant news on the egg share results! i would have done the same if i could! and giving a couple eggs is the best gift you could give as i know image

wow Will fly by now once you start treatment! excited for you. . great start to new year

yeah i brought few bits for twins, waiting for 20 week scan for the big things, am starting to get bigger now at last lol. still not sunk in lol Will probably when they born image x x

merry Christmas everyone!!
  • Options

Yay for twin boys booey! So pleased for you image  Lots of blue things to be buying, when is your next scan?

We found out a couple of weeks ago that we're pregnant again, eeek! We weren't ttc yet so a bit of a surprise!

Take care Hunni xxxx.

• Options
    Aw fab! congrats to you! lots of people i hear getting pregnant atm! lovely supriseimage

yes twin boys. am waiting for my 20+ week scan. am nearly 21 weeks now! starting in get a belly now image exciting. and unreal at the same time x x
  • Options
    just a quick update.

Im nearly 26 weeks now! :-P

rather fat lol but loving my boys kicking and moving around. i can't wait to meet them! image x x
  • Options

Wow that's flying by hun! X

• Options

aww booey!! thats amazing so excited for you xxx