Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid and pregnyl

Replies

• Options

I just did another opk an here's what I got. Still not matching though xx cd 11image

• Options

You Can't really tell on the picture but it's not actually far off the same colour xx

• Options

Molmol, how come you triggered if your opk was not positive then? I would assume if you trigger too early is would do nothing. If there are no mature eggs to release then the trigger will not work.

Baby dust, i used pre-seed for the first time the month i conceived my son. I have never used the other one though. I use one step ovulation tests. Clear blue is not good for me as i have pcos. My estrogen is high so i would get flashing smilies all the time. The thing with clear blue is a flashing smiley shows a surge in estrogen, even if your estrogen goes down the test will stay flashing each day till you get a solid smiley. I had 16 days of flashing smilies once before i decided to give up on them. Plus they are designed to only be used once a day. Some people have a short surge so could easily miss their peak on a test unless testing multiple times a day. For this reason i do not recommend them.

• Options

If I triggered to early and it hasn't worked would it still show in my urine? I think I'm going to ovulate soon after my opk being similar to the other line. I'm going to keep testing and when I get a positive ill post and ask if you think it's positive as it is really confusing. Do you think conceive plus is as good as preseed I've been tmi sorry squirting inside me using a sterile syringe every time we bd?xx

• Options

No such thing as tmi when TTC! I couldn't tell you sorry as i have only used preseed. I only used 1/4 of the dose though as it was too much. If i am not successful this cycle i will use it next time.

No it should still show on a hpt even if you did it too early. It would just mean that you don't ovulate. Have you taken another hpt? Xx

• Options

It isn't showing on a hpt at all so I don't have a clue what's going on. I'm actually really worried xxx

• Options

What did your consultant say about your tests being negative? Xx

• Options

They said it happens sometimes I doubt it tho xxx

• Options

Hello to all girls ... I didn twanna start a new topic so i ll tell u my story short in this one ... I d really love to hear ur opinion please since i m by myself in another cuntry and have noone to talk but my husband and sometimes u just don t wanna tell him everything ... anyway , ttc for one year , 37 y me and 40 him ,... last year in 1 august , test results for fsh is 15.12 mUI/mL , prolactina 28.2 µg/L , estrogen 90 pg/mL . My first doctor said no way i ll ever make a child natural , only fiv . I changed doctor , this year in 27 february - dat 3 of cycle totally diferent results : FSH 3.56 mUI/mL , prolactina 9.4 µg/L , estrogen 198 pg/mL . Also i took progesterone test in day 20 and it was 3.8 ng/mL . I start on omifin ( clomid ) from april , i took 5 days ( days 5-9 of the cycle) 100 each day but i got not a single ovulation test positiv. Now it was second month , period started on 21 may , omifin i started on 25 .... i ll attach a photo with ovulation tests days 2 till day 6 - i made till day  8 but the results were exactly like in the days 2 and 3 and 4. The only one which seems positiv was in day 5 . Ofc , we "worked" every day and when possible twice a day just to make sure :) . Now from ur experience , what u think , the day 5 one was positive or not ? I do need some good things happening , like we all do i guess , so any advice or opinion will help a lot. Thank you all so much for reading and i hope all will be good for us all . image

• Options

Later Edit : what i forgot to say it s the test are done after day 5 of omifin , so it s day 5 after i finished the 5 pills of omifin . when should i try to get a blood test ? 

• Options

If you ask your doctor to do you a day 21 progesterone blood test they'd be able to tell you if you have ovulated. Most ladies get this done on day 21 also by the looks of your opks none look positive. You'll have to keep testing. I got one that nearly looked positive but wasn't positive ill show you so you can see what I mean... opks are difficult to read and also clomid can give you false negative and positive results on them. A lot of ladies have advised me to temp to be able to detect ovulation. As clomid can dry your cm you wouldn't always know if your ovulation by the typical "ewcm" so for the reasons that clomid can dry up your cm I'd use a lubricant like conceive plus or preseed for when you dtd. In my case I've been dtd twice a day at least so I wouldn't miss my ovulation. I'm not sure when I ovulated this cycle as my opks were inconclusive. But my advice would be too try temp as you'd have more chance of knowing when your going to ovulate. Or dtd every other day so you don't miss the eggy good luck xx

• Options

image that was my nearly positive opk

• Options

thank you so much for your reply - my doctor told me to take it like that 3 months and only to make an appointament if i get pregnant during those months or if i don t get pregnant after the 3 months ... he said that there is no need for more tests right now and to do it like that .... always i v heard about some injections as trigger and such.... u know if clomid works without the shots too ? somehow i wasn t dry as far as i v seen and we tried to do it every single day possible and sometimes 2 times a day especially trying not to loose the moment ... on the other hand he told me that from day 16 after period to start use utrogestan every evening one .... this month i start it in day 18 to be honest since i was thinking that if o have a late ovulation not to interfier with utrogestan ... i really don t know what to think or do more :(

• Options

Hi there, sorry to say but none of your tests are positive. Your style of writing confuses me sorry. What cycle days did you take your opks?

Progesterone should be tested on 7dpo, unless you temp to confirm ovulation most doctors test on cycle day 21. This is because they assume clomid will regulate your cycle to make you ovulate around cycle day 14.

This is what a true positive opk looks like. This was mine this cycle. Left line is the test line, right is the control line.

• Options

How are you doing molmol? Xx

• Options

thank you for your answer. so my period come on 21 may and i started omifin on 25 may. I took it for 5 days like the doctor said . so on 29 may was the last day of omifin. The test from the picture , from down up are tests from day number 2 after finishing omifin , first test was on 31 may , second one on 1 june , 2 june , 3 june ,  4 june. I took tests till 6 of june , and on 6 of june i started utrogestan . I hope now it s better explained , english is not my native language so i m sorry for my mistakes . Thank you 

• Options

No, it is fine, i just need to do some maths as dates don't mean much to me. So basically your tests are from cycle day 11 till cycle day 17 without a positive. Were you scanned to check for follicle growth? If so, what size and how many did you have? I am assuming utrogestan is progesterone? If so, that can block ovulation if taken too early.

How long were your cycles before starting medication? Did you ovulate without medication? Xx

• Options

hi , yes , it s progesteron. unfortunately my doctor said to make an apointament always if i get pregnant or the treatment don t work after 3 months and he said i don t need more scans. Before omifin after the tests he said i did not ovulate the month before i started to take clomid .... and that should be one of the reasons he s giving it to me but since the other results r very good i should not worry too much .... i m kind of in the dark to be honest . I decide to delay with 2 days the progesterone exactly from the reason you said as well , I v heard it s not good for ovulation .... I m thinking to try and make a blood test sometime after 12 days .... what you think ? thank you 

• Options

Hi Kingham. I'm not feeling very hopeful atm. I had cramping cd 16 and didn't know whether I was ovulating or whether I was implanting as I'd of been 6dpo if my trigger worked. But I don't think it did. I'm not feeling too hopeful at all I just want it to happen already. I also got a false positive on a pregnancy test last night which was really dishearting. I'm cd18 today and yesterday I had white cm that oh described as being yellow (as it was on him) but it looked white to me after dtd so I dunno whether I'm 2 dpo today or 8dpo haha. My nipples have finally gone sensitive now so I'm assuming I ovulated cd 16. Furious though as because I did the trigger I used all my conceive plus before I actually ovulated if I did in fact ovulate cd 16 instead of cd 10 and I never have fertile cm so I'm really downed about it. I just don't know what to think anymore. It's really painful when oh goes deep when dtd as well atm feels like I'm bruised inside. I'm really really confused but I guess I'm just gonna have to wait to see if af comes which isn't until not this Monday the next. Ttc is a hard battle and very lonely when no one understands. So glad I have you to talk too as nobody else seems to understands. My sister has 4 and all my friends have 2. Oh has 1. It's horrible. We've been ttc for 17 months and nothing is happening. With a laparascopy telling me I'm fine my pcos only being mini follicles and not actual cysts and my cycle being 28 days you'd think I'd be pregnant tomorrow but obviously not. I'm just gonna have to stay positive. I was really hoping I'd conceive this cycle as I'd be due a couple of days after 22nd Feb, which is the date my mum died. Which will be 10 years next year so it would be really special but I'm not a lucky person and good things don't happen to me. Only good thing to ever happen to me is my oh and I don't know what I'd do or where I'd be without him. He's my rock. He just doesn't understand any of this and says it will happen when it happens. Which is true I guess. No point trying to rush something that God thinks I'm not ready for yet. As much as I'm not religious. Somebody is definitely trying to tell me something xxx

• Options

Hi Arya, Which cycle day do you mean about the blood test? I keep getting confused working out dates. Would that mean cycle day 24?

Hey molmol, do you usually get spotting from ovulation? The positive test is probably from your trigger at this stage, which does suggest it kicked in but you absorbed it very slowly. Did you get am IM injection or subcutaneous? I forget which one now. Sorry to hear about your mum and hold on to hope that one day it will happen!

I am unsure what to make of my cycle... I am 8 dpo now, my temps went down, then up and now back down again. Just holding out to test now. My trigger should be out of my system by tonight -ish. So might take a test tomorrow afternoon. Here is my chart.