Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid and pregnyl

13»

Replies

• Options

hi , yes , would be day 25 - 26 when i m thinking to make a blood test . 

• Options

But because you're taking progesterone won't that create a false result?

• Options

I have absolutely no idea to be honest .... the doctor said to take progesterone day 16 - 26 and make after a blood test because i have progesterone deficiency and he said if i get pregnant i need progesterone to keep the pregnancy..... so i have no idea if the progesterone will influence in any way the blood test .... anyone  , any opinions ? thank you so much

• Options

Progesterone tests are usually done to confirm ovulation.

Taking progesterone increases your progesterone levels. So if your test comes back high it doesn't really tell you that you've ovulated, if that makes sense?

• Options

yup , it makes sense , but i was talking about a blood test for pregnancy :) .... i was thinking that if i take the progesterone blood test for ovulation can get a false result but to be honest i keep hoping every month that the miracle will happen so I was thinking to try and take a blood test for pregnancy .... you think utrogestan can change the results to this one ? 

• Options

Ohhh sorry, i misunderstood! No progesterone would make no impact on a pregnancy test :)

• Options

ok thank you so much .... i think it won t hurt if i make a blood test just to take it out of my head for this month in case it s negative .... next month should be my last month for clomid , i don t know what yet what s gonna be the next approach my doctor will start ... thank you !