Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Persuading OH

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hi, just saw that this had been bumped up!!!
    Well I did persuade OH into having a homebirth and our beautiful little girl was born in January in our kitchen!!!!
    She wasn't breathing when she came out and had to be resuscitated but midwives were fantastic and sorted her out pretty quickly (though seemed like a lifetime then!)
    My labour was fairly quick and I didn't need any pain relief, by the time I called midwife I was virtually ready to push.
    Couldn't recommend a home birth enough now! It was fab and the best decision I could have ever made!!!
  • Options
    Isn't that good? I have been researching, and most of the homebirths seem to be really positive experiences. I have read some of the ones where there are complications too, but even then, they seem to be positive experiences right up until things get out of their control. Going to go and find hypnobirth websites and see how that goes.

The thing that worries me most is that I'd rather not use pain relief, but have a very low pain threshold. I was going to just try and switch off my human brain and let my body do it "animal-style". Any takers?