Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just Found Out About My Missed Miscarriage

This is my first post here, I came here search of a place to be able to connect with others who have gone through what I have. I just found out a few days ago that I had a missed miscarriage. I went in for my 12 week ultrasound to find out that my little one had passed away at about 9 weeks. I am in my early 20s, and this being my very first pregnancy, I was shocked and still cannot comprehend how or why it happened. Surgery seemed to be the preferred method from my doctor, so I will be having that tomorrow morning. How has everyone dealt with the emotions? I feel so foolish for breaking down into tears every few hours. It just has hit my so hard. I have an amazingly supportive husband, but I know he is grieving too. Right now it feels like my heart is never going to heal, but I know that so many others have gone through this. How did you all get through it? Much love. 

Replies

• Options
    Hi @rebekahm we are so very sorry for your loss. We wanted to let you know you're not alone, so much so that we recently started this thread here, for women who have just miscarried. No pressure, but if you'd like to take a look at it, there are others there who are in a similar situation to you. Sending hugs, be kind to yourself x
  • Options
    @rebekahm I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have had a miscarriage before it's awful. Big hugs if u need to chat my inbox is always open x
  • Options
    Beni96Beni96 Regular
    edited Aug 8, 2019 8:29PM
    I’m sorry for your loss .. had exactly the same . Found out my baby was not developing since week 6 and my body didn’t realise the baby is dead so I chose to wait for it to happen naturally ...I’m 22... on Monday I went hospital but I chose the medical treatment so I miscarried at home .... still have some pain now which I don’t know if is normal . I was crying too every time I though about it , but because I was waiting for so long to misscarry(around 5weeks if expectant management before going hospital) I’m happy it’s over now though when I see babies and pregnant women I feel really sad . But I’m sure we’ll have a baby soon and I’m sure you will too ... take care of yourself after misscarriage and don’t do any heavy lifting hun xx 
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss girls.
    It's totally normal to cry and grieve.after my first misscaridge I was crying everyone I saw pregnant women or woman who is feeding newborn,I couldn't walk pass baby clothes in shops, couldn't make myself go to Mothercare to have a look for my other kids shoes...I mentioned it before on here that I paid tribute to my loss by getting footprint earring,that symbolise my angel (well now angels) and planning to do tattoo as memory...may be try to do something similar. It can be anything from planting a plant to doing memorial tattoo...

Try think positive. I know it's seems impossible now for you,but there will be better time...I had 3 misscaridges in tow before I got my rainbow baby,who is almost 6weeks old now. Everything is possible, so don't give up hope girls xx
  • Options
    Sigsauer said:
    So sorry for your loss girls.
    It's totally normal to cry and grieve.after my first misscaridge I was crying everyone I saw pregnant women or woman who is feeding newborn,I couldn't walk pass baby clothes in shops, couldn't make myself go to Mothercare to have a look for my other kids shoes...I mentioned it before on here that I paid tribute to my loss by getting footprint earring,that symbolise my angel (well now angels) and planning to do tattoo as memory...may be try to do something similar. It can be anything from planting a plant to doing memorial tattoo...

Try think positive. I know it's seems impossible now for you,but there will be better time...I had 3 misscaridges in tow before I got my rainbow baby,who is almost 6weeks old now. Everything is possible, so don't give up hope girls xx
    Beni96 said:
    I’m sorry for your loss .. had exactly the same . Found out my baby was not developing since week 6 and my body didn’t realise the baby is dead so I chose to wait for it to happen naturally ...I’m 22... on Monday I went hospital but I chose the medical treatment so I miscarried at home .... still have some pain now which I don’t know if is normal . I was crying too every time I though about it , but because I was waiting for so long to misscarry(around 5weeks if expectant management before going hospital) I’m happy it’s over now though when I see babies and pregnant women I feel really sad . But I’m sure we’ll have a baby soon and I’m sure you will too ... take care of yourself after misscarriage and don’t do any heavy lifting hun xx 
    Nicole786 said:
    @rebekahm I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have had a miscarriage before it's awful. Big hugs if u need to chat my inbox is always open x
    Thank you to everyone. Honestly I was afraid of feeling very alone during this time, but it is wonderful to see such a sisterhood between you all and these very tragic incidents. Even under such sad events, it is nice to see that there are so many other strong women who can all relate. My heart goes out to all of you who have had this happen to you, it breaks my heart. But I wish you all the best, and I know that for those of us who feel afraid to try again, we will one day get to hold our preci
  • Options
    @rebekahm it is scary to try again and also pregnancy might be mo joy at all,but full of anxiety. It's always worth to remember there is people who been and same situation here and all you need to open new discussion and put down all your fears and people will help and reassure you x
  • Options
    rebekahm said:
    This is my first post here, I came here search of a place to be able to connect with others who have gone through what I have. I just found out a few days ago that I had a missed miscarriage. I went in for my 12 week ultrasound to find out that my little one had passed away at about 9 weeks. I am in my early 20s, and this being my very first pregnancy, I was shocked and still cannot comprehend how or why it happened. Surgery seemed to be the preferred method from my doctor, so I will be having that tomorrow morning. How has everyone dealt with the emotions? I feel so foolish for breaking down into tears every few hours. It just has hit my so hard. I have an amazingly supportive husband, but I know he is grieving too. Right now it feels like my heart is never going to heal, but I know that so many others have gone through this. How did you all get through it? Much love. 
    So so so sorry for your loss. It’s truly unbearable and makes every minute feels like an hour. I also had a missed miscarriage just this week at 9 weeks. The baby was measuring small all along but had a heartbeat the week before, then all of a sudden nothing. I had no warning signs no bleeding or anything and still had my basic pregnancy symptoms right up until yesterday when they gave me medication to pass the baby. The whole ordeal has been shocking and devastating to say the least. The day I found out I didn’t sleep for more than maybe an hour and cried continuously from 10am right into the next day. My grief comes in waves now. I had to proactively just block myself from certain things that I know would upset me. I change the channel when a diaper or pregnancy test commercial comes on. I unfollowed some folks on social media that are expecting. I can’t bare to eat anything that I was craving before and the sight of my prenatal vitamins sends me into a crying fit. I had to peel the label off the bottle. It’s going to hurt and not make any sense for idk how long but just do whatever you can to protect and take care of yourself. I’m no expert as I’m still trying to figure this out too but just know you’re not alone in this and each day is a small victory towards healing....
  • Options
    Ang303 said:
    rebekahm said:
    So so so sorry for your loss. It’s truly unbearable and makes every minute feels like an hour. I also had a missed miscarriage just this week at 9 weeks. The baby was measuring small all along but had a heartbeat the week before, then all of a sudden nothing. I had no warning signs no bleeding or anything and still had my basic pregnancy symptoms right up until yesterday when they gave me medication to pass the baby. The whole ordeal has been shocking and devastating to say the least. The day I found out I didn’t sleep for more than maybe an hour and cried continuously from 10am right into the next day. My grief comes in waves now. I had to proactively just block myself from certain things that I know would upset me. I change the channel when a diaper or pregnancy test commercial comes on. I unfollowed some folks on social media that are expecting. I can’t bare to eat anything that I was craving before and the sight of my prenatal vitamins sends me into a crying fit. I had to peel the label off the bottle. It’s going to hurt and not make any sense for idk how long but just do whatever you can to protect and take care of yourself. I’m no expert as I’m still trying to figure this out too but just know you’re not alone in this and each day is a small victory towards healing....
    I am so sorry to hear your loss as well. My dearest and most sincere condolences. As I read your message, I realized we literally are the same. I am so glad that I am not the only one who has been feeling this way. The moment I came home from the doctors after my C & D surgery, I threw away my pregnancy book, my prenatals, and every food that I had bought out of pregnancy cravings. I know it is so hard to hold it together, but I really do hope you are beginning to feel better. It has been now a week and two days since I found out I miscarried, but each day does get a little bit easier. I hope it does for you as well. The part that brings me to tears every day is the thought that I will never get to hold it even see my sweet baby. And I know that I’ll always grieve for that, but I am beginning to come to peace with the fact that my baby was not healthy and is now in a better place; not in pain. I wish you nothing but the best. And if you ever just need someone to talk to, I know I would love to talk. Lots of love to you. 
  • Options
    rebekahm said:
    Ang303 said:
    rebekahm said:
    I am so sorry to hear your loss as well. My dearest and most sincere condolences. As I read your message, I realized we literally are the same. I am so glad that I am not the only one who has been feeling this way. The moment I came home from the doctors after my C & D surgery, I threw away my pregnancy book, my prenatals, and every food that I had bought out of pregnancy cravings. I know it is so hard to hold it together, but I really do hope you are beginning to feel better. It has been now a week and two days since I found out I miscarried, but each day does get a little bit easier. I hope it does for you as well. The part that brings me to tears every day is the thought that I will never get to hold it even see my sweet baby. And I know that I’ll always grieve for that, but I am beginning to come to peace with the fact that my baby was not healthy and is now in a better place; not in pain. I wish you nothing but the best. And if you ever just need someone to talk to, I know I would love to talk. Lots of love to you. 

@rebekahm Thank you...I’m also here if you ever need to talk. This is such a hard thing to get through. I hope that you have supportive people around you and are finding ways to cope each day. I know how hard it is and how the sadness can hit in waves. You’re in my prayers...