Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Grief and grieving

On 19th July. I miscarried my beautiful baby boy,  I was 19+1 . Although it's only been little over two weeks I am absolutely broken.
I dont want to see anyone or speak to anyone. 
I'm trying to process what's happened and just how poorly I was. ( I ended up being taken down to theatre- due to placenta not coming away and losing 2.5l of blood) 

Physically I'm getting better by the day although it is slowly. 
But mentally I'm a complete mess. Dont know how or what to feel. 
Has anyone ever experienced something similar ? 

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• Options
    Hi @Kim2020 we just wanted to stop by and say we are so sorry for your loss. 
    And also to let you know you're not alone. We have spotted another woman on the forum, in a similar situation to you, who posted just yesterday about her miscarriage and your posts were so similar, we just wanted to put you guys in touch with each other. You can find her thread here
    We hope this helps x

• Options
    Firstly I am so so sorry for the loss of your little boy. What have you named him?

I experienced a very similar thing. My baby boy’s heart stopped at about 20 weeks and I had to deliver him too. This is such a traumatic experience.
    This happened in March 2018. I still miss him so much but you do learn to cope with the loss.

You need to know that it does get easier but it takes time. Your grief is very raw and it is truly heartbreaking. 
    Xxxx
  • Options
    Kim2020 said:
    On 19th July. I miscarried my beautiful baby boy,  I was 19+1 . Although it's only been little over two weeks I am absolutely broken.
    I dont want to see anyone or speak to anyone. 
    I'm trying to process what's happened and just how poorly I was. ( I ended up being taken down to theatre- due to placenta not coming away and losing 2.5l of blood) 

Physically I'm getting better by the day although it is slowly. 
    But mentally I'm a complete mess. Dont know how or what to feel. 
    Has anyone ever experienced something similar ? 

Thanks in advance x
    I’m very sorry to hear that
    miscarriage is such a devastating thing for anyone especially women that are actually ttc

i hope that you find peace and can heal from this
    your little angel is in heaven 

• Options
    @Kim2020 I am so sorry that you’re going through this. This is truly heartbreaking. 
    I haven’t had a loss anywhere near this late before, both mine were very early and that was painful, I can’t even imagine how you’re feeling. 

Just know that you’re perfectly entitled to feel and cope with this in anyway you need to. If you don’t want to see anyone, take some time for yourself, but know that you have people around you to lean on also. 

I wish I could make it better for you somehow; I always take comfort thinking “this is temporary” - you won’t feel this bad forever. 
    @emj3 is a good example of how time can heal the wounds. 

Just keep talking to us if you need to xx
  • Options
    Hey
    i too lost my baby girl, on 21st july at 19w2d. Its absolutely heartbreaking, i also didnt want to see people. Ive gone back to work today although working from home and its still so draining. 
    We are waiting to find out the funeral date and i just dont even know how we will get through it, im already feeling guilty for when we next manage to get pregnant, we cant give up though we need to fulfil our dreams and we will never forget our angel babies ❤️
    Have they said why it happened?
    im waiting for my results and babies post moretom but im pretty sure it was due to a weak womb as this is now my 4th loss 
    xx