Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

missed misscarage and ERPC

2»

Replies

• Options
    i thought of this as well and came across this site on another forum http://www.labelledame.com/miscarriage-infant-loss.html - i have ordered a keyring from there. they are based in canada so it hasnt arrived yet, but i thought having a keyring i will always carry with me will be a way to keep my baby with me, but without it being overly obvious what it is as i havent told many people. ive also kept little things including my scan pictures, hospital letters, card i recieved after my d&c, i also have my +ve preg test which may sound horrible, but it has a cap over it and it is special as it was out first +ve result.
    jen
    xxx
  • Options
    Just wanted to add to this post. So Sorry for your experience, many of us have been through very similliar things and it is awful, but really helps to talk on here as many others know exactly how we are feeling.

I had my D+C on the 4th of Feb. STill bleeding ever so slightly (well spotting really) Only there when i wipe, however this is still really frustrating, just want to be back to normal........ I am hoping and praying that this will stop in the next few days.

I am now waiting for AF to show her face, we have been BDing in the meantime, more for us than anything else, but who knows!!!!!!!!

I am working all weekend now, so no BDing, which I hope will give my body time to get back to normal. FIngers crossed for Monday everything will have stopped!!!

Anyway, all I can say is things really do get better, it is like passing through stages, were are just going through the early ones, cant wait for the stages when we are TTC!

Good luck with everything, hope it gets better soon x:\)
  • Options
    Hi everyone.
    I just had a natural miscarriage on Sunday/Monday and the first thing i did on Monday when i could was buy a tree which hubby and i planted in the garden to remind us of our baby.
    It may sound disgusting but i couldnt flush our baby away so we burried it under the tree so we had to do it quickly.
    Anyway everytime i look oput my kitchen window i see the tree and think of my 'angel' and when it flowers in the spring i hope i have the strength to smile x
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, I shall have a look at the that website Jen. Baloubear I creid when I read your post, I understand you not wanting to flush away your baby, I wouldn't of being able to either. It must have been so so hard to have planted that tree. I think it is a beautiful idea to have a tree and as you said when it flowers hopefully it will give you strength.

Im not very green fingered at all so the thought of a plant is a bit scary. I wear jewellery all the time and have always had pieces that are special to me. However I want to make sure whatever i do is the right decision for me as it represents my lost baby.

My neighbour came round today, i didn't know but she miscarried at 5 weeks several years ago. She totally understood my pain and the lovely thing is that she went on to have two beautiful girls who are now 4 and 2.

Take care everyone

Jacqui
    xx

• Options
    Hi Pinkorblue, that is great news , its lovely because you sound really positive today. Funnily enough my bleeding today has practically stopped too, only the tiniest spotting so i am feeling alot happier today too. Cannot wait to get back to normal and start trying again.

Thats mad about the clairvoyant, my friend goes to one regularily and she is always right. Sounds like everything is going to work out well for you.

Yeah i think I will go with some jewellery for my lost one. Either a necklace or a ring. there is some lovely jewellery at the website that Pretty_pink recommended. I saw a really nice necklace. I havn't quite decided yet though

Keep me updated

Take care
    Jacqui
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Jacquid,

So sorry to hear your news. I too had a MMC on Jan 21st this year. I went for my 11 week check after being for US's at 6 and 8 week and all was looking great with a strong heart beat both times and no bleeding at all. I went to the doc on my own on the 21st and was devastated when they couldn't find a heartbeat. I of course didn't expect it, although strangely, I had said to my husband the night before that -I didn't feel very pregnant anymore', I just assumed it was due to the end of the first trimester coming....
    My doc was very lovely and supportive and booked me in for a D&C the following Monday. I was horrified at first that I had to wait but was very glad for the time to say goodbye to my bean. I did a lot of reading on the internet straight afterwards trying to understand what had happened and after reading several official clinical studies understood that there was a very very strong possibility that something was wrong with the development of my bean - this made it slightly easier for me to accept and I stopped trying to think of what I might have done wrong. I have kept myself incredibly busy with work in the past 4 weeks, which I have found has kept my mind off of things. Following my D&C I bled for about a week and it finally stopped. I initially thought I would wait and not try to be obsessed with ttc again but I have conceded that it is virtually impossible to do that given the situation. I have just got my first AF today and am going to start the -sperm meets egg plan' to try to conceive as quickly as we can. Time is not on my side either, as I'll be 37 in a few months and this will be my first baby. I too have had some stupid comments also about, -perhaps it was this or that that didn't ???????help you???????', in the end you must just move through that and chalk it up to people's ignorance and remember that they do care or they wouldn't ask at all. For someone that hasn't been through it it's impossible for them to comprehend and they are doing the best they know how I guess, although some of the things are hurtful I know they don't mean it. My advice to you is do what feels right, if ttc again gives you hope then go for it, get your ovulation sticks and start counting!! Sending lots of ((((hugs))))) and just know everyday gets a little easier. xxx
  • Options
    Jacquid, why don't you give your baby a name? it's your baby, you can do what you want. I had a feeling our baby was a girl, don't know why, so I called her Grace. It's always been my favourite name, and I always thought I'd use it for my first daughter. I hated referring to my baby as "it" and it makes her feel more real, if you know what I mean, as I have nothing else left of her.
    I love the idea of the jewellery, pretty_pink, I had a look at the site and it's beautiful. I might order something from them too. A friend of mine who had a mmc planted a rose bush in their garden, i think that's not for me as my fingers aren't particularly green, and if it died I would hate it. So we're still thinking, but we definitely want something in/around our home. I think it's a good way to remember your baby.
    Am glad your bleeding is stopping. If nothing else it helps to feel a bit better physically, doesn't it?
    Take care xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Babyon board? it really hepls to talk to people who have experienced this too. It must have been very hard for you as you had already had two scans that seemed to show all was okay. The pain is so hard isnt it?

Mrslim yes I too hate calling my baby it and I too also had a feeling that is was a girl, I dont know why just did. I thought mabye I could have used a unisex name that could be either but coulndt really think of a nice one. I am still thinking about it. I always wanted my first girl to be called samantha so maybe I will use that. If Sam it could be boy or girl. Oh I dont know!!

I just posted a new thread for some advice about a party I ve been invited to, If you have time I would love your opinions

Thanks so much for all the support, talking to all of you has made it so much easier for me i hope it has for you guys to

Jacqui
    xx