Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Adding to the club!

Replies

• Options
    HI Girls, I'm TTC 2 (with not much luck as of yet) Back at the fertility clinic on 10th June so fingers crossed!!

xxx
  • Options
    Jan 14th due date atm but subjecxt to change when seen mw lol :P x
  • Options
    thanks for updating my pink bump image
  • Options
    Due date 24 nov & we're team yellow, this time.

Am excitedly trying to choose names atm! Love our girls name idea, have ZERO boys names yet!
  • Options
    My due date is 22 Jan image
    Lizzie, we're the opposite- have few boys names we love but zero girls names that we can agree on. Properly hate each other's choices so far. Had same issue with Lorelei lol
    I don't want to find out this time but dude does so told him I'm happy for them to tell him but I don't want to know. Though weather he can keep it to himself is another issue...
    Congrats Jody on pink bump x
  • Options
    ooh can we hear your name ideas?
    we have pretty much already decided on boy and girl names and im not even pregnant yet, did test the other day bfn but not worried as we werent properly trying yet just got over excited as was feeling weird... :P
    If number 2 is a girl she will almost definitely be alice or ali for short and for boy im thinking ryan image
    so excited for all of you!
    I got to hold my friends 3 week old lil girl the other day whilst our boys were playing and it was nice to see I could still keep an eye on josh whilst holding a baby (even tho I know it will be much harder than that full time but you know what i mean)
    cant wait til you all start popping
    xx
  • Options
    weve chosen amelia lily for our LO's name, we had matthew james for a boy both times but never got chance to use it!!! ah well maybe next time!!!
  • Options
    ahh i love amelia, its such a pretty sounding name image
    xx
  • Options
    Well, we are quite struck on another 'J' name but we don't like any 'J' boys' names.

So far, this is on the list:

Girls:

Josephine (Josie, Jojo for short....we are quite excited to have a Juju and a Jojo while they are little! Not sure about the long name though, any thoughts?)

Alexandra

I also like Florence and Violet but OH says NO WAY to either lol!

Boys:

Alexander (but my cousin is also called this so am a bit ho hum)

Arthur (bit unusual but we do both like it...just not sure if it is a bit old-fashioned...Artie for short?)

We both like but don't love Isaac and Sebastian so they're not really ont he short list but who knows if baby pops out and really suits either, maybe we would change our mind.

I love Patrick and Samuel but OH has a friend called Patrick and thinks it would be too weird. My bro is Samuel and although I'd love to start a family tradition, Sam is just soooo popular and I just know he would get called Sam, despite my best efforts.

We'd quite like a JJ as my OH's dad is called JJ as a nick name. His first name is John but I don't want John as a first name but would love it as a middle name. I would consider Joseph but I don't like Jo. There aren't really any other boys' 'j' names that we like though - any suggestions welcome!

So...we've not really got very far tbh. I quite like traditional but slightly unusual names whereas OH likes traditional and veers towards the more popular. So whilst he would love a Sophie or an Emily, I just can't agree to any names in the top 10-15.......I don't know why because I do love the names but I want the names to be a bit more unusual.

Contributions most welcomed!

• Options
    JL- Amelia is lovely and goes great with Izzy image

Lizzie- Josephine is a lovely name and it's shortened versions are lovely too so that gets my vote image
    Have you considered Jeremiah? That would go with John and is traditional but different, could be Jem for short which I think is pretty funky. I've a cousin called Artie (Aurthur) and although when think about it, it's old-fashioned, it suits him and have never looked at him and thought his name was too old for him though he's about 30 now lol
    We've a few boy's names we agreed on- Roche though will be called Rocky and Fintan seem to be main contenders. I love Caleb and Gabriel but dude isn't fussed on them. For a girl I'm dying for Melody and he is dying for Aiofe (Ee-fa) which I freaking hate as it is so popular back home that can't walk length of yourself without hearing it. We've kind of agreed on Caoilainn (Kay-leen) but we've plenty of time to battle it out. Lat time I spent hours thinking and talking about names but this time I just want to pick the names and get it out of the way lol
  • Options
    I love Amelia. However one of my best friends has always wanted to call her daughter Millie so I think I would be hung. The Irish names are always beautiful even if I can never pronounce them first time round.
    I also love Jem. I am tempted to call a boy John Ernest (my father's name) and then his initials would be JEM. I have loved the name ever since I first read "To kill a mockingbird" (a beautiful story if you haven't read it).

I'm not going to make too many decisions about names. Abby was meant to be "Kathryn Joanna" but it was changed as soon as she was born. We hadn't even mentioned the name Abby beforehand. It took us ages to decide how to spell it in the end. I didn't like "Abigail" so wanted it to be spelt with a "y" so that people didn't think it was shortened and I thought "Abbey" sounded like a place of worship so it was all made up in the end.
  • Options
    Loving all the names! More J names - Jasper, James, Jacob. Think the idea of a Juju and a Jojo is fab though. We've got Daniel Patrick picked out for a boy, have done since before we fell pregnant with Rachel, but can't agree on any girl's names - I adore Constance (Connie), but DH doesn't like it at all.

Still TTC here, on month 6 now. Both trying to stay relaxed about it, but I'm not the most patient of people anyway, so it's not really working!

Hannah xx
  • Options
    Can you pop us in for ttc December 10. Have had a few teeny pangs of broodiness over the past couple of weeks and have started feeling that I could be *ready* for another baby in the not too distant future.

We found boy's names really hard, the ones I liked were just too popular or reminded me of a terror that I'd taught at school! Girl's names we had quite a few we agreed on. I can see it being the same next time round xx
  • Options
    Hello! Just got my BFP today so I can officially join the club - yay! Looking like EDD is 11th March 2011 x
  • Options
    Yay congratulations Emmsy!! Bet you are over the moon to fall so quickly. Keep us updated and hope you have a fab pregnancy! x
  • Options
    Congratulations Emmsy x
  • Options
    Congrats Emmsy! image
  • Options
    Aw thanks all, we're really thrilled (and surprised as it took 6 months ttc with Al and only just on second month with this one!) x
  • Options
    http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp355/muminlove2008/100_2787.jpg

Add me too please!!
    Cant actually believe it as we werent even really trying this month it was just the first month we used no protection as a warm up for starting ttc jul/aug! (sorry if tmi)

Have no idea of due date as yet as my cycles have been so long around 35 days since coming off the pill image

Congrats emmsy, will be nice to have a biddie due date buddy again!

Am just so over the moon right now!! image
  • Options
    Oh yay that's fab news - so glad I will have a bump buddy that I know already! Big congrats xx