Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Team Wee Can Do This - Starting potty training

2»

Replies

• Options

I had a potty in the house long before needing one so DD got used to seeing it. We discussed what it was for and she had seen older toddlers using it so was quite keen. Letting her choose her big girl pants added a real sense of occasion to "no more nappies day" which we had on a Monday after a weekend of looking forward to it. Cheering and praise are essential.

• Options

it all started so well for a week or two, now gone back to leaking everywhere !

• Options

I think it better to potty train in loo rather than plastic container. This keeps things steady. Get a child seat if required. Maybe start from just peeing to the real deal in the later months.

• Options

We started potty training on sat and i think we are doing quite well, sat was a complete wash out, all she wanted to do was try on (and unfortunately wee in) every pair of peppa and princess pants i could lay my hands on. Sunday was alittle better and today has been great, no accidents!!  fingers crossed!!!

• Options

We are starting to think about it with our 2.5 year old son, but not attempted anything yet! We've started talking about going out to buy some pants (apparently it has got to be Noddy ones!) and I have bought one of those seats you can put on the toilet, but a bit scared to actually take the plunge after seeing friends going through months of 'potty training' with pretty hit and miss results!

• Options

Our daughter recently turned 3 and we just started potty training. It was hard at first. We got a seat for the toilet rather then  a potty. At first she was scared of it, so we brought a story book about a princess and her potty. She soon understood the concept and started sitting down. We also have a sticker chart, so every time she goes she is rewarded with a sticker on her chart. We are still at it as it's only been a month however now she asking to go to the toilet when we are out and about so getting there. Also we only put her in pull ups when we are out or on a long journey in case of accidents but at home she is in her pants, as we found with the pull ups she was not recognising the difference of wearing a nappy and not wearing one. The pull ups would keep her dry, but with just her pants she knew she had to go to the toilet or she would be wet and uncomfortable.