Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any positive stories? Bleeding at 5-6 weeks, too early for scan

2»

Replies

• Options

When is your scan date?x

• Options

Had a scan a week and a half ago, only saw a sac. Got the next one Monday. Really hope bean is in there! I've kind of convinced myselit the sac will be empty! How far along are you? Xxx

• Options

*myself - stupid phone! X

• Options

I will keep everything crossed for you. Take confort in the fact you have had no further bleeding as surely if something was wrong the bleeding would have got heavier and heavier. Thats what happened when i misscarried at 6 weeks. Its a scary time because the outcome is out of our hands. Im 12 weeks tomoro but ive been nothing but worried the whole time. i have my scan friday but the wait has been awful. X

• Options

Oh you must be so pleased to be nearing the end of the 1st trimester. good luck at the scan, let me know how it goes! Thanks I guess you're right, I'm so sorry you went through that it must have been awful. hope Friday comes quickly for you xxx

• Options

Fingers crossed Lou- im sure your bean will be ok image keep us posted xxx

• Options

Thankyou. All the best for you!xx

• Options

Thank you ladies - good luck with your scans too! Xxx

• Options

hi lou, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this worry hun, i can sympathize with you as I've ha  a lot of bleeding in most of my pregnancies and can tell u with honesty it doesn't always mean a loss. I'm not saying it happens in every case but I'm currently pregnant with my fourth baby and started bleeding at around five and a half weeks for two weeks the loss was really heavy and i ha  two scan a week apart that showed a bean with a heartbeat!! i was absolutely gobsmacked,as were the nurses, that after the amount of blood I'd lost I'd still not misscarriaged. I'm 11+2 today and still bleeding!! it  hasn't stoppedonce the only change has been that it's sometimes gotten heavier but that's it. had a scan on thursday or friday of last week and  baby measured 10+5 with a heartbeat. i was gobsmacked, AGAIN. there is a clot in th  placenta which has detatched a  bit of the placenta which is whats causing the bleeding but it can and will go away and lots of women go on to have healthy pregnancies afterwards. I've had times when the bleeding has meant the end too hun, unfortunately it's one of those times when only time willl tell and though i know the wait is torture please don't give up hope yet hun i pray that you get good news at your next scan and i would say if you continue to bleed or get very  bad cramps contact your epu before the next appointment date and ask if they can fit you in sooner they are usually really good and can arrange it for sooner. i wish you all the very best for a happy outcome hun xxxxx

• Options

oops, sorry hun I've  only just noticed your scan is today hun, doh!, good luck I'm thinking of you and hope it's good news for you xxxx

• Options

how did you get on today hun. I've been thinking about you an  hoping for the best xxxxx

• Options

Hey keepthefaith, this post was from June last year, I sadly lost the Bean (mmc) and I had medical management in July. But thank U for your kind words! We're still trying, haven't managed to get PG a second time yet xxx

• Options

omg lou im so sorry i didn't even notice the date on the thread or anything it just popped in the forum and i couldn't read and run.sorry if it dragged it all up for you hun, I'm such a noodle!!! and I'm so sorry for your loss :-/ i hope you get your bfp soon and I'm sending lots of baby dust your way hun. xxxx

• Options

Don't worry it's fine Hun! I see you've been through quite a lot as well from your signature, sorry for your losses. Congrats on your bfp!! Xxx

• Options

i feel like such a whopper now lol sorry again hun. and thankyou I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for your bfp xxxxx