Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

****Wed 3 rd tri ****

2»

Replies

• Options

Just saw your post Monnie, glad it put your mind at rest! Good news on not needing insulin too.

Wispa, that's probably sensible with regards to your H travelling. Do you have support nearby when he's away?

• Options

Bertie, your mat leave sounds lovely! Are you okay though, apart from the stabby pains in lady parts (I know them wel!l)?

Wispa - sorry I thought you'd meant you were worrying about him missing baby coming.

Monnie - for me the BHs are painful, they *do* hurt, but they don't make me pant or hold my breath or bring tears to my eyes. They aren't regular and stay fairly localised whereas contractions proper are said to radiate round back to front or front to back.... Really glad appointment went well, great news about the insulin.

I just had the midwife round. Her measurements say in region of 8lbs now, so she's booking a growth scan in case I'm on for a 12lb-er as she wouldn't then advise a home birth. Otherwise I sound perfect for home birth, want everything natural and at home, but will take advice and not about to start dictating how it goes, just want the best outcome and will go with the flow. Feeling happy and set. She thinks I'll go over dates, *not* happy about that idea! Labour Campaign will start next weekend :)

• Options

Flossy, not really, but H's parents and sister live near enough, so if anything horrible happened while he was gone I'd have someone nearby.  Nothing like having a baby to make you wish your friends and family lived closer!!

Monnie, I know, right? Babies happen here! Like BLL, who posted this ironing and them whammo! BA this afternoon!  This *** just got real!! Glad to hear things are going well in terms of GD, though, you deserve it.

Counter, when's the growth scan?  Hopefully baby isn't actually that big, though the scans aren't totally accurate, either.

And I've gone off and gone money mad this afternoon.  Annoyed that the bugaboo had sold, I started looking into voucher codes, but it seems that they all have brand exclusions so can't be used for the bugaboo.  But then I noticed a 10% off baby stuff sold by amazon and ended up getting a double electric breast pump and a fricking mamaroo!  Wtf, totally not necessities!  But the breast pump was already reduced by £67 and the mamaroo reduced by £20, so my savings was actually much better than just the 10%.  And anyways, having watched all the mamaroo auctions on ebay over the past 5 weeks I'm confident I can get at least £100 for it if I decide to sell it on afterwards.

• Options

Based on fundal baby is 8lbs today. But yes, definitely, they're just a guide and can be very wrong :)

• Options

Just had to look up what a mamaroo was. Ha ha.

• Options
    Hey guys hope everyone ok...Monnie glad scan went well and so excited for BLL x

Afm had my trace today baby fine so all set for 8 am.induction tomo...feel really emotional just left l at mil and realised i wont see him till baby here and that was our last time just us 3...being silly x
  • Options

ABC, I bet it's emotional. But how exciting!! Hope you get a good nights sleep, or at least the night passes peacefully x

• Options

ABC, good luck tomorrow, hope all goes well!x

You'll all be pleased to know I'm only just on my way home, but today it's because H came and met me and made me leave work so he could take me for

dinner. Had a lovely evening, but have been getting some weird pains in my back/bump which has sent H into a panic about how much we have left on the 'to do' list!