Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***Wednesday 3rd Tri***

2»

Replies

• Options

SG - what a shame about the accident and what a piglet for the way he responded to you esp being pregnant! Hope it's not SPD and that the pain eases.

AR - sounds like a fabby day! I'm holding you to that prediction as this weekend would be highly convenient given my family are 200 miles away! Can you tell WE I was asking for her when you message?

Monnie - that's totally crap of your colleague. You need to stop caring what she thinks and let her work through her own negativity. Biatch!

Flossy - it really is strange getting organised to finish up. Don't put too much pressure on yourself though - in some ways it'll be good for your replacement to find her own feet. Why have you decided not to go back at all. Does that mean you aren't taking the mat leave money?

S4 - thanks for the update on poor WE. What a shame for her. I hope they deliver her in some respects as it's been an ongoing stress. Good stuff on the BP! Well done you!

• Options

flossy- i keep thinking i will miss work but i bet we dont haha

S4, thnks for the update on weekender :-), how long do you have to go?

well im in work and my colleague is at the dentist so i have an easy morning !

• Options

I think it's the people I'll miss more than work!

Commuting into London from where we are isn't cheap and would only make sense if I was going back full time. But the cost of childcare and travel would pretty much wipe out my salary and with my hours mean putting the baby in nursery from about 8-7. Our trainline isn't My plan is to start looking for something closer to home after Christmas which will still give me 3 months before I'm due back. Fortunately the enhanced but of my maternity pay (which isn't really that good anyway) doesn't depend on my coming back which is a bonus.  It'll be a big change for me working locally rather than in London but I think it's the only way we'll be able to balance things until the baby is a bit older, maybe when she's at school I'll go back to it!

• Options

Morning all, I'll try and get on properly later this afternoon. I decided last night to book a Spa day for me and my Mum, so I'm just getting ready now. I look like some sort of blob in my swimming costume but nevermind I'll enjoy my massage

• Options

Just read a little bit more sending vibes to Weekender I hope she's ok x

• Options

Enjoy BBL - sounds fabby!

Flossy that makes sense and good news re your mat pay. I can't imagine commuting and working in the big smoke! London is super duper exotic to me! Ha ha!

• Options

Hello lovely ladies, hope everyone is well. Huge well wishes to Weekender, she's done ruddy well and deserves not to wait too long for her happy ending!

I'm not doing personals as on phone and feel crap. Hubby and I have been working through the house list, and ringing round childcare places. Off for a VERY short sunny walk with the dog by the sea soon, I really do struggle being on my feet - the lower back pain is ridiculous - and think we'll call in somewhere for coffee and cake. Loving a conscience-free holiday day instead of being off due to being ill! :)

• Options
    Yay for weekender!!!! These babies are arriving at a rate knots now aren't they?! Next up are sp and Bll. We'll need some 2nd tri graduates soon or they'll be none of us left!!
  • Options

Aw I'm so delighted for WE! What wonderful news! She gets a free pass on the queue jumping....the rest of you stay where you are however!! Ha ha!!

Counter have you been to see maternity physio? I've had awful back pain (both lower and upper) and the physio gave me some exercises that have really helped. Did you decide to go down the nursery or childminder route?

• Options
    Monnie thats awful x

Flossy the commute must be tough x

Section 4 glad to hear your blood pressure is good

Bll have a nice spa day

Counter hope your feeling better and enjoyed your day off

Weekender woop fantastic that baby is here..x
  • Options

I've just realised I can't run for the train anymore (well it was probably fast walking rather than actually running!). Just took me a good ten minutes to get my breath back.

Since I've read weekenders BA everything seems more real...!

• Options

*sweetpea*

Aw I'm so delighted for WE! What wonderful news! She gets a free pass on the queue jumping....the rest of you stay where you are however!! Ha ha!!

Counter have you been to see maternity physio? I've had awful back pain (both lower and upper) and the physio gave me some exercises that have really helped. Did you decide to go down the nursery or childminder route?

SP: I've had a smile to myself a couple of times a day and thought that if ever queue-jumping was to be forgiven - nay, encouraged - then this time was the one!! :)

I never even thought of mentioning my immobility to the midwife, just put it down to regular pregnancy stuff, but I see her tomorrow so I shall.

Re childcare, our options are quite limited due to shifts so we're going to pursue both. One of the nurseries who said they would talk us about the 8 week shift pattern has shut down this week! We'll just keep trying to find maybe's and see what comes of it. 

How's things? Any sign of anything happening? Have you any plans of things to do/places to go over the next few days? Any important appointments you could book to try and tempt fate? Ha ha x

• Options

Defo mention it!!!  I was straight onto them when my back started to hurt and they saw me the same week and then again a fortnight later. The physio also went through additional stuff about getting in and out of bed to avoid damage to abdominals and also general comfortable positions to relax on the fit ball. It's been fab! Hope you get seen and quickly!

That's annoying about that nursery closing down! In Scotland we get access (online) to care inspection reports for all childminders and nurseries and I'm assuming you must also in England. Its worth checking those out alongside any appointments you make so that you can see how they are rated. I hope you find something suitable soon!

Nada happening here! I put out a FB statement today politely asking my friends to not ask me that question as it's already driving me demented - I got a dozen texts asking on progress yesterday!!! Waaaaah!!!! I purposefully planned a quiet week but perhaps I need to re think that strategy! I have a sweep tomorrow avo and I'll find out then if my body has started making any progress. I'll maybe book a massage to tempt fate!