Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

**wednesday 2nd tri**

2»

Replies

• Options

Jonesy how lovely is the sound of the HB?  I never tire of it.  Great news about the mortgage too, are you going to stay near where you are now?

• Options

A little update from me - team told and they were all thrilled (great that I work in a mainly famale based team!) and extremly supportive.  Feel so much better now.

Went for a walk at lunchtime and had a bit of a successful shop which was good too, feeling a bit more energised today so going to try and keep that up

• Options

Imp - yeah we are looking slightly closer to town but only by a bit. Problem is all the nice stuff is nearer you and we can't stretch that far on our measly wages so we have to stay north side. We don't know the area that well but it seems ok... I don't know how you find out where's good or not as everyone we ask has a different opinion! I recorded the hb for H as he couldn't make the appointment so was able to send it my sister too.

NB glad it went well! It's nice not to have to keep it in anymore.

• Options

NB glad it went well.

Jonesy I bet H will love hearing the hb.

I don't know the geography too well up by you but I have friends that live that way and love it. I'm sure you'll find something lovely.

• Options

Hi All,

Can I join in? I had my scan yesterday and they moved me on 8 days making me 14+1 today so I think I need to move into 2nd tri now. All looked ok with the scan, blood test needs to come back so not sure when that will be, but it was fab to see the baby!

• Options

Hello RC, welcome to 2nd tri. Great news about the scan being positive. I think you normally hear within a few weeks if you're low risk, if you're high risk you generally hear much quicker.

• Options

Hey RC, good to see you on the 2nd tri.  glad scan went well - did you get a photo?

• Options

Argh, just typed out loads and it erased itself :(

LL, is ranitidine safe? I didn't buy it because the packaging told me not to, but I guess it could just be cautious?  I got calcium carbonate tablets and they're alright, but not perfect.

Coco, I will keep them in mind if the underwires in my bra start to hurt me!

VT, woohoo to time off, and I've got a MW appt Friday, too.  Not sure what to expect from this one, I think it'll be a quick in and out.

Fig, Holly Jolly was doing that last week for a couple days!  Wasn't too bad, but I was so thankful when she moved elsewhere.  I'm not sure if it'll be better when they start lodging their feet up in our rib cages, though.

Sas, I hope your busy day wasn't too bad after all!

Jonesy, yay heartbeat!  Has redundancy been confirmed, or just a possibility?  But yay to the mortgage news, what kind of house are you looking for?

Welcome raincloud, I saw your update on the first tri thread, how exciting!!

Phew!

Anyways, ikea stuff turned up a few hours early and I managed to walk Wispa and get to the interview.  It was just for a volunteering position, but it will mean keeping up my resume and my museum skills while not working full time, so very useful to have.  I think I plan to volunteer in the temporary exhibition and collections care to break up the monotony of education that I do.  I love kids, but I love the actual objects  and artefacts more!

Here's a peak of our lounge, now with furniture!! (I know I shouldn't have done any heavy lifting, but it all seemed so manageable.  Now in bed resting as I'm pooped!)

Uhh, nevermind, I can't see the button to add a photo.  That's odd. Oh well, when we have internet back on and I can use the iPad i will share lots of photos!

• Options

Evening all

Wispa - you're were up and around early today. Glad everything is slotting into place now with the nursery. Time really is picking up pace!!!  We did you get on today??

Imp - yay for good sleep and IKEA shopping. Brilliant you've for your form handed in. Starting to feel real!!!

Nina - hope you enjoyed telling the team. Did you get out for that fresh air??

Coco - booo to those growing pains. Hope they don't last long. It's so good to get new bras that are comfortable!!!

Spikey - hope you got on ok with your eyes. Also hope your day wasn't just as busy as you thought it would be. To answer your question from yesterday, I'm not sure how long I'll keep classes going. I'm stopping one of them next week but I'll still have 4 that I teach per week so I'll see how I go.

LeeLee - glad you had a better sleep. Strange about the ear!!!!  Also glad the wee one is moving around so much.

VonTrapp - hi lovely, hope you had a good day and enjoy your time off!!!!

Fig - happy 22 weeks!!!!!  Cheeky little lady tap dancing on your cervix!!!!!  Hope she stops soon.

Sasasj - work sounds mental. Hope you're coping with it ok.

Jonesy - lovely to hear the heartbeat and good news about the mortgage. Try not to worry about your job too much for now. Enjoy the good stuff for a bit instead.

Raincloud - hi and welcome to 2nd Tri. Glad everything was ok at your scan.

AFM - I've had a hellish day. It's been busy and tiring. I was tired to begin with so now I'm wiped out but at least it's my night off!!!!  Went and bought some baby clothes at lunchtime. Just some essentials so nothing overly exciting but I was pleased nonetheless!!!

I've wondered this for a while. When you go to post on the Tri thread do you first go back and read what you missed from the previous day???  

Currently pondering whether it's worth buying a changing table or not. I'm still hoping to move before the baby comes but if not I'd like a changing table because I won't be buying a cot just now. Kiddicare have a sale so I'd get one at a good price. I'm speaking out loud really!!!

• Options

CA, sometimes I do, but if I've been AWOL for a few days I might not..  I skim for big stuff quite often even if I'm not posting, though.

As for the changing table, I know I've heard a lot of people say they never used them, just as many who say they loved them, so you'd probably be fine without one if you didn't want to worry about moving with it.  We don't have one, but would have gotten a cot top changer if our nursery didn't have a perfect height ledge more than big enough for the changing pad and a storage bit.

• Options

Just popping in quickly edited bed...hi to raincloud and anyone I've missed!

CA - we had a changer drawer unit for O...used when upstairs in v early days but after that just had a changing mat on bed or on the floor depending on where I was. However we've still considered it a good but as it has the dual function of chest of drawers iyswim?