Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

accuracy of growth scans

2»

Replies

• Options

I had growth scans every two weeks from 28 weeks due to bump measuring small and baby subsequently measuring big. Scan at 40 +2 showed 9lb 1oz on the screen but the midwife tried to tell me it was only measuring 7 and a half lb. I presume this was to try and prevent panic. Baby was born nine days later at 9lb 9oz. So the screen was fairly accurate!

• Options

I wouldn't presume that big = more complications.   Zoe was only 7lb 7oz but required a crash section.   Also, please don't set yourself up to be disappointed if you do end up with a c-section. It isn't a bad thing.

• Options

What JB said, I didn't even need a stitch despite him being huge and having his hand beside his head. Everyone also. Has to go through the contractions bit regardless of size!

• Options

Big definitely doesn't mean more complications x

• Options

Hi ladies hot my measurements now im slightly concerned as these are what baby is atm

Fl 71mm - 95  percentile

Hc 310mm - 27 percentile

Ac 320mm - 76 percentile

So very long legs but tiny head  ????

Im confused even more now x

• Options

Boris, did you get any further with this?

In comparison, Heidi's head and legs were around 50th percentile. The abdomen measurement was way off the scale.

• Options

Hi rusty noone is concerned about size of baby. So just going to keep measuring however mw measured bump today and I was 38.5 cm so 2.5 weeks ahead but they said they will just keep an eye I doubt they will do anything x

Thanks for asking x

• Options

I was always told he was going to be a 'big boy' after every mw apt, my bump wasn't even big and he turned out to be 7lb1 so far from big!! Hopefully they're wrong with you too...try not to worry though x

• Options

Oh and they all measure differently and allow for 2cm either way. Talk to your mw as you don't need to be stressing now x