Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is this weird?

2»

Replies

• Options

WTF happens at a nanny shower?

I hate the idea of baby showers as it is, but a nanny shower? She's barmy.

I'd just smile and nod, smile and nod. Will probably be something you will have to do a lot of, TBH.

• Options

Yes, this is weird. Bless her for being so excited but really???

• Options

Yep, that is odd, why doesnt she just throw you a baby shower? Im not sure why she should be guest of honor!

My friends mother in law was the same in terms of "hows our bump"?" Drover her mad!

• Options
    My MIL went into overdrive when S arrived and it drove me mad but now that S is proving to be a bit tricky with reflux and now a cold, she is worth her weight in gold: doing my housework and taking S for walks while I rest. Hopefully your MIL will be just as helpful when baby is here x
  • Options

I was nodding along to your most thinking 'yep, my MIL is jut like that' until I got to the nanny shower. That is beyond weird. What is she planning exactly?

• Options

Wow a nanny shower, that's a new (and definitely a bit weird!) concept to me! It sounds like a good plan to smile about it and let it wash over you! I too am curious about what a nanny shower will involve!

• Options

I am not entirely sure what she is planning but I think she wants to have her friends round, having cakes etc but also she said they will bring gifts, this made me feel uncomfortable. I think it's more to make it  about her. 

I'm sure once the baby is here she will be a great help as she is generally with general stuff and I'm happy she is so excited but she has been known to overstep the mark quite a few times so I'm hoping she won't be too controlling Or opinionated.  

• Options

Definetely a bit OTT, i would let her get on with the nanny shower if she wants, it wont do any harm. However i would try to find a way to gentle assert your authority now before baby arrives, it will be a lot harder once baby is here, your hormones are all over the place, and she is being a little too pushy. xx

• Options

Errrrr yes very weird although sweet at the same time that she is so excited (in an odd kinda way!!)  

• Options

WTF, I've just told my mum about the nanny shower and she agrees it is super weird!! Baby showers are to shower the MOTHER with presents for the baby, what presents would be given to a new grandma?!

Having said that my mum did come to the 12-week scan (although not the 20-week or our 3d one) and was at the birth.

• Options

Aw I think it's lovely that she's so excited, sounds like your baby will be very lucky and will be much loved :)