Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When did your LO go into their own room?

2»

Replies

• Options

Ethan was 4 months - he grew out of his crib and we couldn't fit the cot in our room. I slept in with him for the first few nights.

Florence is still in with us at 5 months. We're aiming to go another month but not sure if it will work. Ethan has started waking at night again, she is an absurdly light sleeper and gets woken. Its not uncommon for our day to start at 1am - she feeds and resettles, he wakes her and that's her up for the day. Like very excited I'm very reluctant to do it, and I know the point is that they sleep more lightly, but it isn't healthy for a baby to be having 6 hours sleep per day either (no daytime naps)

• Options

A was 9 months and L was a out a year. They both fitted in their crib until 9 months. A went from the crib in our room to the cot in her own room whereas I put the cot in our room for L because he was still up so often at night. Even when we moved him at a year he still spent most nights in our bed. He's 3.5 yrs old now and has done the last 13 nights in his own bed - first time ever!

• Options

Eh about 18 m first time then 7.5 2nd. This time will be a min 6 months.

• Options

Thanks for the replies ladies Has given me a little to think about. I thought I would be ready in a few weeks but am not 100% so will wait until I feel more ready. Besides, she currently still fits in her crib and is a good sleeper so no rush I suppose (poor H)