Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Where do you buy most of your children's clothes?

2»

Replies

• Options

Mainly next and Monsoon, Verbeaudet, jo-jo, Debenhams and Mothercare for pretty dresses and outfits, Sainsbury and Asda for basics and nursery wear. I'm not a massive fan of Asda, but mu Sil shops there a lot and we also have hand me downs from my neice, so we have a lot of George bits that we use for more messy play. I find a lot of thr brightly coloured asda stuff runs in the wash though. I am slightly addicted to sales and always end up buying more bits than they need. I'm swamped with clothes that have hardly been worn that I need to get rid of.

• Options

mainly buy bits from Sainsburys, john lewis, asda, kiddicare, tesco, motercare, h&m. Primark is good for vest socks and trousers. Try to reign myself in but do splash out on jojo manan bebe, frugi and boden when they have cute bits in. Try to buy sizes ahead in the sales, or search online for a discount code first, hate paying full price, lol.

• Options

I adore my son for shunning brands all of his life so far! He'll wear Debenhams, or George, or H&M or Tesco. he likes simple and logo-free (unless it's ski gear). It's made life so much easier, and cheaper :D

• Options

I had no idea Argos sold baby clothes! Just bought some right good bargains, they have outfits reduced from £10 to £3!

The only other places that haven't been mentioned I don't think are Blue Zoo at Debenhams and Ladybird at Very - both nice and often have reductions.

• Options

Nearly all the clothes we get for Isobelle are 2nd hand cheap or free from facebook or hand me down's from friends with babies the same age as her as she's quite small. They're such good value & great condition. When I go into shops to get other things I'm always surprised at how expensive some kids clothes are. But then I only really sale shop for myself

• Options

Mothercare, George, Tu, and next mainly.

• Options

Supermarket for everyday as nursery stuff. I tend to buy a lot a size or two up in the sales at Next, Gap, M&S and Debenhams too. M's stuff is all hand me downs until she's in 6-9 stuff. A's not for anyone to had stuff down to him though.

I also try and get to an NCT sale once or twice a year and normally pick up a big bag of Gap, Next, Boden, Timberland etc. stuff for £60ish. I'd rather buy second hand there than eBay, less postage costs too.

• Options

Most of his clothes come from either ebay, Next, Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco and Matalan, he has had some bits from M&S, but seen as he is tiny and still wearing 9-12 month bottoms and 12-18 month tops at nearly 2 and a half then we don't buy him a lot of clothes either as he has tonnes that he still has to fit into.

• Options

I tend to pick up something from Tesco everytime I go shopping although I am less impressed with this season's range as it is a bit grown up, don't want him in jeans yet. He has loads from next as we are still using vouchers from when he is born and quite a lot from boots, both of which are good quality. Love getting stuff from debenhams but need to scale back as most of the 3-6 stuff only got worn twice :( Had a look on very and the ladybird stuff looks lovely so might try those out when buying the next size. Does Zara do baby sizes? Mine starts at 9-12 too.

• Options

Yep JRJ they do it online from newborn I think - think it's only the bigger stores that stock the smaller baby stuff

Thanks for replies ladies - didn't even think of sainsburys so will give that a try. Also totally forgot about debenhams

• Options

Has anyone mentioned Morrison's? Their kids range is quite new but FABULOUS - I have girls and it's the only place that I wish I could buy more of the boys' clothes! Quality is really good too, vests are thick and wash up really well. And obv it's dead cheap too.

• Options

That's a good shout SL, it's the same parent company as Kiddicare, I've been buying a bit from there recently too, great choice and value.

• Options

Yes kiddicare and Morrisons are the same company, their clothes range is called nutmeg, very nice and good value. Sainsburys have 25% off all their clothes at the mo x

• Options

For vests and baby grows John Lewis or Sainsburys for outfits I tend to buy Spanish brands like Miranda, Mayoral, Alves, DOT and  Girandola. He also has a few Ralph Lauren preppy bits but in general if he's not walking yet it's going to be pale blue and white! Benetton too is so cheap and good quality though sizing is a little on the small side. I also love him in Sarah Louise smocks much to the disgust of many of my friends!!

• Options

I wondered where this 'nutmeg' stuff was coming from that my mum keeps buying P!! Great call thanks

• Options

Sainsburys do lovely stuff and their regular 25% off makes it appealing. I have a little obsession with JoJo m

Maman Bebe though...

• Options

Mainly Next, as my mum works there so we use the discount!!  Vests and babygrows are mainly from Sainsbury/Asda.  We find a lot of Sainsbury trousers too tight for cloth bums whereas Next stuff seems to fit quite well.

Also have bits from Dunnes and Matalan, but that's mainly if I'm shopping there with other people as there isn't really one close to us.

• Options

H&m for both mine, and us as well actually!  Also sainsburys