Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early scan empty Sac

Replies

• Options

Hey,  I miscarried yesterday,  if you need a chat or anything,  I'm here. 

It's frustrating when you know nothing xx 

• Options

Hi kirstyVictoria :), thanks - I know I kind of knew deep down but I was trying to remain positive until I was told by a professional.  All my pregnancy symptoms stopped about 2 weeks ago now.  I hope you are okay, I'm here also if you want to talk xx

• Options

I didn't even get told to prepare they told me everything was fine until I miscarried at the hospital then told me that they knew from my first blood test I was going to miscarry :/

Yeah I started to feel 'less pregnant' and in my heart I knew but I didn't want to believe it. It's not a nice experience but the support out there from people who have experienced it is something else,  until you speak about it you have no idea how many people have suffered this. 

Be strong and keep on at them to give you answers and the care you deserve. We were failed by our hospital and are putting in a complaint.  You only deserve the best xx 

• Options

Aw that's so sad :( I'm so sorry to hear what's happened to you!  

I can't believe the lack of support I was given up until my ultrasound - the lady who told me I was going to miscarry was absolutely amazing she clearly does what she does as an occupation for a reason.  It's still heartbreaking, and now trying to carry on as normal is proving difficult.  Luckily I've taken a few days off work to relax and wait for the miscarriage to happen.  Not sure what to expect really! Xx

• Options

Yeah you defo need time off! 

My whole experience was awful but I'm so. Glad you had a good doctor in the end!

I've miscarried now but the cramps after and the tiredness your defo gonna have to rest up and look after yourself.  I'm not sure what a natural miscarriage entails because they removed mine with forceps but it's important to keep yourself hydrated and look after you xx 

• Options

How far long were you, if you don't mind me asking?  I hope mine happens naturally :( xx

• Options

They wasn't 100% sure but around 5/6 weeks but my levels didn't rise past 4 weeks. 

Hopefully you will have a natural one, they told me to wait 3 weeks,  do a test if it's negative it's a complete miscarriage If it's positive means something was left behind..  But hopefully it's all complete I don't particularly wanna go back in that place even for a d&c.

How far are you hun xx 

• Options

Aw bless you Hun :( my last period date was 1st February so I would have been 10 weeks today going by that date.  I keep thinking I'm okay but then just working out how far I would have been then have just made me get upset.  

I don't blame you not wanting to go back there! When I left the hospital, there was a lady clearly ready to give birth stood outside smoking :'( and then there's me who did everything right.  It's so sad, I hope you are okay Hun xxx

• Options

I know it's makes you angry because some people don't even want their kids,  but keep strong hun. 

I'm so sorry you're going through this. 

Is there no chance or have they definitely told you that you're going to miscarry. I can't imagine the wait I'm lucky in that respect happened relatively quickz don't make it any easier though.  Xx

• Options

I know, it's not fair x

They've said to expect a miscarriage and confirmed it'll happen in the next two weeks, they showed me the bleeding around the sac on the scan too which shouldn't be there :(.  

How are you feeling xx

• Options

I think it's awful how they leave you with maybes not facts,  so so wrong! 

I'm okay bit confused as we didn't get given much info at the hospital and I'm sick of having to Google or post on these sites what's happening to try get some answers xx 

• Options

I totally agree, there's no support - I think everyone should be offered a scan from 7/8 weeks and then again at 12 weeks.  The wait is awful and it drags so much.  This site has given me loads of support from lovely people like yourself, but we shouldn't have to seek advice this way!  stay strong lovely, our time will come :) xxx

• Options

sorry to hear that mumtobe89... But when they sent me home after my scan which showed just the empty sack they gave me all the info in regards to miscarriage. They told me what to do WHEN I started bleeding etc and what number to ring. I never did so at my 3rd scan 2 weeks after that, that's when they found i was actually pregnant but I must have been ultra early. Also they scanned me internally too. My situation was so similar to urs. Alls I'm saying is my baby didn't show until I was 7-8 weeks. Then at 12 week scan is when the second baby made itself known and that one didn't even have a sack on the other earlier scans I had!!! Just don't fear the worst until it actually happens. I was convinced I was gonna miscarry after them saying I would obviously. But they were wrong xx

• Options

That really would be amazing LovePink12.  I have been bleeding a tiny bit but it's only when I go to the loo but its been everyday.  My pregnancy symptoms have gone completely too :(.  It's almost a week since they told me, they said it I don't have a proper bleed in two weeks to come back to be scanned again then if theres still no baby I'll be given the meds to start the process.  What a rubbish year 2016 is turning into! Xxx

• Options

Mumtobe89 how awful for you I hope that this year improves for you and eventually you get the news you want.  

• Options

How you doing today hun? Xx

• Options

Thanks ladies it means a lot xx  I'm okay I'm due back at work tomorrow just wondering if I should get a sick note, I don't think I'm going to be able to concentrate much xx

• Options

Go get a sick note..  My doctors signed me off this week..  Considering you still are no closer to knowing what's going on you need to. Do what's best for you.  Your work will understand.  Xx

• Options

Yes I think you're right, my minds on other things,  I was due to be off next week on holiday but given the circumstances I want to save my holidays.  I just wish things would happen xx

• Options

Yeah must be so frustrating not knowing.  I recommend getting signed off,  my doctor. Didn't even hesitate given the circumstances and my boss normally is hard work but he was very understanding. Yes,  save your holiday for when you're feeling better and then you can take some you time,  relax without all this uncertainty  xx