Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

labour worries

2»

Replies

• Options
    thanks about the sex info i havny been as wet as i used to get (sorry) thanks for the website il try that out!!! it was a great help
  • Options
    If you aren't wet it feels like dh penis is about ten times the size it actually is and it can get quite sore lol.

I'm 16 weeks so we will all be experiencing it around the same time as each other so the first to go can let us know what it is like.

C
    xx
  • Options
    Tbh I'm not worried about the pain. I am asking for an epidural if it gets bad and I've been told they're a godsend and stop you feeling anything! Can't be bad.

I'm more worried about the way I'll be treated in hospital, cos I've heard some pretty bad stories. x
  • Options
    hay im bitchy can i join in. only joking ladies. good luck with all your pregnancys and hope il be joining this forum soon. x
  • Options
    Don't worry becs the birth will be fine, it's nothing like you imagine it to be and once you have the baby in your arms you forget it all anyway. I was in labour for about 3 days and I'm pregnant again so it can't be that bad can it? lol.

I feel a lot like you all on the libido front. Me and oh used to have sex 4/5 times a week but since becoming pregnant I've had bleeding and all sorts which means we've had sex about 3 times in so many months. I feel like the last thing I want is to be touched or have a penis anywhere near me. I do feel sorry for my husband though, I know he's gagging for it bless him. I hope things change soon.

Tiger Lily, epidurals do stop you feeling anything but there can be side effects like chronic back pain which I have suffered from since having my daughter 7 years ago as a result of having one. Also my epidural wore off before I gave birth and I was able to push my daughter out but this isn't always the case. They can be great but just letting you know my experience.

Good luck everyone xxxxx
  • Options
    Mrs Rebeccag, I've heard stories like that too. I don't really want a 'birth plan' as I'm not bothered about how he gets into the world as long as it's quick, haha, but one thing I really don't want is pethidine as I have heard some bad stories about it making you drowsy and disorientated and tbh that's not what I want, I'd rather have the epidural. I have heard some bad things like your story & my oh's mum said they're horrible and they just mean you get the pains the next day instead of while you're giving birth, but that was almost 22 years ago with my oh! Everyone I know who's had one recently says they're a lifesaver, lol. I'm just going to see how it goes, but I'm a wuss so I can't see myself managing without!!!

Also...3 days? Bloody hell. Ah well they say 2nd labours are a lot shorter so good luck for this time! x
  • Options
    hi,
    can i just say who the hell do u think u r ELSBETH to comment on sum1 bein able 2 spell bein a important subject for sum1 bein a mum. so im not goin 2b a very gd mum 2 my son as i fine spellin hard. also he is not goin 2b as blessed as ur baby coz u can spell very well ! i hope u dnt fine carmer comin bk around on2 u. that was just plain nasty 4 u 2 say. also if you already know it all what the hell u doin on here X