Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Other people not happy about our pregnancy

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    Sorry i'm gatecrashing from TTC but have been threading the thread and wanted to reply.
    I can totally understand your SIL being upset but I do think it's quite mean. I have been trying for a few months and yes my stomach physically hurts when I see a baby or pregnant lady but I have gone the opposite and are overly keen to know details.
    Pregnancy is a special time for you and OH and unforutnately some people fall easier than others but we cant hold that against them.
    Is there any chance you can talk to her about how she is making you feel down about being pregnant. No one is saying you have to parade your naked bump around the place but a general how are you would be nice.
    What happens when your lo is born and then she fall's pregnant, is she going to be happy when you ignore her for 9 months?
    It's a very tough subject but I have to agree that she is being slightly mean.
    I can't imagine the emotions she is going through but in life, everybody has something you want, bigger house, more money, baby etc etc but I could never not be happy for a family member for falling pregnant.
    I really do hope it works out for you and please remember you are blessed with a miracle and you should not feel bad/upset about that whatsoever darling.
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your replies, I really appreciate it. I hope that everyone has a good weekend and that those that are visiting from TTC get their BFPs soon
  • Options
    i experienced this with my 2nd preg cos my bil and sil had been trying my mil told us not to tell them we were pregnant can u believe that. try not let it get u down u will have ure lovely baby to focus ure attention on soon but it is upsetting cos ure so excited and prob feel as tho this is being squashed underneath all this. xx