Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scared of morning sickness, unrationally scared ??

2»

Replies

• Options
    Thanks girls,
    u dont understand how much u r helping me relax about this. Today we told my husbands parents the news and the first thing his mum sed to me was,
    dont listen to these stories about morning sickness, just eat eat eat and u will be fine, she is 65 and recons shes not been sick since she was 14, image
    so im gonna eat, eat, eat lol.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm not pregnant (but will be trying in the next few months) but I am another one with this phobia and all the vomiting that goes along with pregnancy, birth and children does worry me alot. I have to say I'm amazed how many people suffer from this phobia, I've had it for as long as I can remember and I've never met another person who has it. I also am of the opinion that I have trained my body not to be sick.....until 2 nights ago! Until Friday night I had not been sick for almost 8 years but I somehow caught a tummy bug and although I really tried not to be, I felt so hideously ill that I knew that this time I wasn't gonna be able to stop it and I couldn't! Yes it was disgusting and hideous and I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry, but I coped with it. In a funny way I'm glad it happened because now I know that when I do get pregnant I will be able to cope if I get morning sickness and you will too. Hope reading all these replies gives you some comfort and makes you feel a little calmer. Lots of love xxx
  • Options
    I had no sickness at all. In the very early days I felt a little bit nauseous if I got hungry, but that literally only lasted for a few days.

Fingers crossed for you that you won't suffer.

34+5
  • Options
    Perhaps i will cope, but i dont want too (stamps my feet like a 2yr old and bottom lip quivers lol)
    Pinktoothbrush, i know u from yyw,me thinks, i was Angel4 a May 07 bride, helloo, and thanks, i wanna be like you!!
  • Options

Reading these posts have been so helpful and have helped to calm me down a bit. I as well have struggled with this phobia since o was a child. It has dehabilitated me from time to time, and I read that its one in top five actual serious phobias. It has gotten better over the years but I still suffer and have to constantly reassure myself and I've learned breathing techniques and trained my body not to be sick as I haven't in 12 years. I did not have any morning sickness with my DD who is now 4 yes old. I'm onto my second pregnancy and I am 5 weeks 3 days and every time I read this crap about how once I hit 6weeks ms will kick in, I slowly die inside and have a panic attack. I pray to god that since I avoided ms the first time and how well I'm trained myself not to be sick that I can avoid it all together this round as well. I don't know that I'll survive this pregnancy if I do get sick. So far I feel okay. 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

• Options

Oh my goodness, I'm so happy I came across these posts this morning. 

I'm in my fifth week of pregnancy with the same phobia and I too and overawed with scared and anxious feelings. Last night I felt nauseous for the first time and I had a full blown panic attack which then made me lightheaded and dizzy As well as the nausea. 

Im scared of a of it and am not enjoying the thought of being pregnant at all. I'm actually that scared I'm wondering if I want to go through with it. This then makes me feel terrible xx

• Options

I dislike being sick, I hate feeling it. I can deal with other people sick, but not my own. Now me and my partner are talking about trying to conceive and I'm terrified because in my last pregnancy(2 years old, girl) I suffered with hypermesis gravidarium! Lord knows how I'll cope if I get it again!