Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When do you stop looking fat and start looking pregnant?!

2»

Replies

• Options

I'm 15+6 and I had a hormonal meltdown in the target fitting room yesterday. So far my weight has been staying in the same 5 lb range but my belly is just spilling over and I really needed to get clothes because the ones I have are just soooo uncomfortable. I don't really want anything touching my tummy. Also my honey and I are taking a little mini vacation next week for my birthday and I wanted to get some cute stuff to wear and maybe a new swim suit. Well I had no luck... I just looked fat in everything! I dont have a baby bump, I have a muffin top.. so after trying on about half of the garments that i brought in with me I burst out into tears. I usually have a pretty high selfesteem, but I just felt hideous, like nothing will work I either have to be unconfortable with a muffin top or wear something that's too big and matronly. I hope it gets hard and round by next week. lol. 

• Options

Aww, I feel for you! I am only 9 weeks and extre bloated. And yes... I just look fat! My mom saw me and said "You're starting to get the mommy look! Your cheeks are even puffy!" I had just woke up from a much needed na, by the way. even though I'm still in my regular clothes, I much prefer wearing my husbands t-shirts when I'm lounging around the house. With all the gas and bloating, I tend to lay down and rub my tummy a lot. All I feel is fat, especially since I know there is no baby past my pelvic bone yet. I don't want to rush this experience, but I'm looking forw to seeing a real baby bump, instead of feeling fat.