Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you think of the pram ive brought???

13»

Replies

• Options
    I agree, the pram was the "big baby buy" in our house and really brought it home to me that we were having a baby, everyone is different - for some its the cot but this is a really special time for you and you should enjoy it as much as you can. Its nobody's business but your's what you choose to spend and I think your pram is lovely and worth every penny.
  • Options
    xexmxmxyx 's comments just made me laugh out load in absolute disbaleif, that some one could sound so jealous and down right mean!!!! I work with 0-5 year olds and when i saw your gorgeous new bugy, my first thought was" god that would be so much easier to push than a side by side pram" not anything to do with the price! and like you said, you work hard so why not treat yourself to something that works for you and willl do for a while. You never know, you may need to make it a double bugy again in a few years for number three!!!!
    Quick question, at what stage do most women look to buy their prams, i am only 13 wks is this too early?
    love fiona
  • Options
    fiandrup its never too early, I chose mine after my 12 wk scan but didn't order it until after my 20 wk scan. No harm in looking whenever you like.
  • Options
    dh and i are off on annual leave this week and he did actually mention going to john lewis for a bit of a nosey round the baby section(we have vouchers from when we got married nearly three years ago still to spend!!!) so might just take him up on his offer and oh! will need to look for some new trousers, bump only looks like bloated tummy just now but only thing that is fitting are tracky bottoms, i miss my jeans!
    Shops here i come, love fiona
  • Options
    Hi

Its nice to see that everyone agreed with me. Like alot of you have said the pram is one of the major buys before the baby gets here. Plus ive got cot and everything from when i had my son (im just going to get him toddler stuff,as its cheaper than nursery things)

Fiona

you can start looking as soon as you want, its usually a good idea to look around cause alot of places will do them cheaper so have a look on the internet.
  • Options
    Speckle, can I ask why you decided on the I-candy over the Phil and Ted's? Millie will be 22 months when number 2 arrives and I haven't decided what to buy yet. Phil and Ted's is favourite at the minute but I just wondered what you liked about the pear?

I can't belive anyone would bitch about the amount you spent, Surely if there is one thing that is worth spending more on it is a pushchair you use all the time!
  • Options
    BEDHEAD

I origianallly went out to buy the phil and teds, but the icandy was next to it and seemed alot more versitile.
    Firstly you can have your kids facing either way which i think is a bonus, the car seat can fit straight onto the pram frame so that you do not need to wake the little one up when putting them into the car. You have the option of buying a carry cot that is just like a moses basket so if you are just going out for a walk and the baby is still asleep when you get back you can just take the carry got off and leave him or her having a snooze. The back seat is higher up aswell so the baby can still see you if they are facing forward, which i think is nice when you have a new born and it folds down really eaily and goes quite compact.

I put my son in the pram when i went to buy it and found it to be really light weight concidering its a double pram and not much bigger than a single because the seats are higher than the phil and teds so you have got a lot more room in the shopping basket, which is always a plus for any mum. I do still like the phil and teds but this pram is just the better option for me.

All the things i have mentioned are included in the price i paid, i hope this helps x

• Options
    I would just add - "wow"! Its got more positions than the kama sutra!

Am soooooo jealous of all these nice prams - hubby got mine from a boot sale back in November (which I liked at the time) but seeing all these nice ones on here has got me wanting another one and he wont let me - sob!!!

Wont need this one though coz my other kids are nearly 15 and 6!!!!
  • Options
    That pram is fab!! If I ever manage to get pg I would consider buying that as I want a few kiddies and quite close age gaps. And the price sounds fine for what you get! Ignore negative comments and enjoy your pram!! xx

http://tt.lilypie.com/2S360/.png

• Options
    Cheers speckle, that does help. I didn't realise that you could fit a carrycot on when you were using it as a double. That was the one thing that I wasn't sure about with the Phil and Teds so I think it might be back to the drawing board!!
  • Options
    bedhead

Glad it helped, i think its really good concidering all the thing you get with it and all the options it gives you and yes its a bit more expensive than the phil and teds is advertised for, but this is simply because i opted to get the car seat and car seat adapter that attaches to it, which was ??160 in total so its not much more really. Go on www.pramworld.com i dont know if you have one of there shops in your area but if you have you can pay it off weekly and just collect it when it paid in full.
  • Options
    Cheers for that, the price isn't that much of an issue, my parents bought me a bugaboo chameleon for Millie so I have a warped idea of how much prams should cost lol. We have the maxi cosi seat any way so it's about the same price as the Phil and Ted's. I will have to see if we can get over to Wigan and have a look, we live just outside Leeds so it's not that far away. Thanks alot for the help
    Kerry
  • Options
    I'm lucky i live 5 mins away from the shop, its on special offer at the moment its ??419 but if you wanted the carrycot bit thats an extra ??64. There number is 01942 214864 if you want to give them a ring x