Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

High Maintenance Girl.. lol

2»

Replies

• Options
    Actually My fella game me money to get a massage dont a while ago was going to wait to be 'more pregnant' but showing loads and have back ache anyone know a good place to find materinty massages or whatever they are called? x
  • Options
    Hi there, funnily enough i'm sat covered in fake tan as i'm writing this!! Doc says it's ok because it only dyes the top 2 layers of skin and isn't absorbed fully...so no harm to baba! Only problem is the smell...yuck! I also found a hair dye with no ammonia or peroxide..it only lasts for 6 washes but it's perfect if you've got a special night out planned. It's by nice and easy loving care. Happy pampering girls! x ps. I was also told by a beauty therapist that if you're having a pedicure, tell the therapist not to massage your feet as there is a pressure point that could cause a miscarriage in early pregnancy.
  • Options
    I have made hubby start to help me by painting my toe nails for me! I told him as it will be a July baby I will still need nice feet for my sandals and he had better get practising putting on nail varnish...and he's really good at it! Althoug I'm not allowed to tell anyone he is!I am going to try and make sure I look 'nice' right up to the bitter end! I have given hubby instructions that he must not take my photo in the hospital until my hair is done and I have a little blusher on. He laughed but understands as he's the same about his bloomin hair gel! I think if it makes you feel better then go for it!
    xx
  • Options
    I was wondering if anybody knew about massages? The spa near me does a pre-natal package which i got all excited about only to find out it includes everything but a massage. i'm only 14 weeks but my bump is growing rapidly. surely lying on my belly for an hour while i get massaged wont hurt the bab?? any ideas?? my back's killing me and i'm dying to be rubbed as my blokes a bit crap at it although bless him he does try!! also dont worry bout dying your hair, i do mine still!! rhiannon xxx 14+4
  • Options
    ive been really good and not coloured my hair throughout the pregnancy but its looking so dull, and horrible. think i should treat myself... is it safe to use permenant colours? im 36wks now. x

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev084pp___.png

• Options
    Wow - I need you ladies to live near me - I'm a freelance beauty therapist and Reiki practitioner but I'm currently having my treatment room built at home so I don't need to lug around heavy equipment anymore!

Tips for feeling/looking good whilst pregnant and also going in to have bubs:

Self tan moisturiser on face
    Bronzing powder on cheeks
    Black mascara on lashes (more in outside corners to really open the eyes up)
    Lip gloss or hint of colour (lipcote/blistex etc) on lips

This is a really easy routine that you can do every day - I put the self tan on at night and in the morning - just allow it to dry for a few mins before putting powder on cheeks.

For going into hospital, I'd recommend getting your lashes dyed - perfectly safe for pg - I use blue/black on clients no matter of their colouring as it really stands out and looks as though you have mascara on

As for the St Tropez that went patchy - that is either the person applying it that didn't do it properly or you showered/bathed too early - must be left on for at least 12 hours (I always tell clients overnight).

Hope this helps ladies - any further questions, ask away!

P.S Waxing is safe, but does hurt more during pg so be warned!!!! I've personally resorted to depillatory creams down below as I have varicose veins which must NOT be waxed
  • Options
    lol Karen where do you live near? haha could book sessions up! x
  • Options
    Hi all,

Champney's do pre natal pacakges including massage that i am definitely booking in for soon. Am rather sick of feeling like a big fat frump so now is definitely the time to treat myself. What better excuse than mother's day this weekend? image
  • Options
    I'm in Harrow, Middlesex! The stupid thing is although I am busy making other women beautiful I don't ever go for treatments myself! - I used to do my own waxing and St Tropez etc, but just cannot bend to reach those awkward places anymore!!!! LOL Ah well, roll on June.......
  • Options
    I have never got a wax & never will! Lol! I've tried home waxing but I've got very thick, dark hair and it doesn't work. Messy too. I've always shaved and somehow still manage it whilst pregnant...tho it has become a difficult task. I have considered waxing, I normally have a high pain threshold but not during this pregnancy. I hate having blood took now as it hurts when it never bothered me before.

I have highlighted my hair, I did it when I was 6 wks I had no idea it was bad for u!

But I am not high maintentance anyway, never have been...I do sometimes wear make up but that is it! Hate dressing up & all that so pregnancy is a great excuse to get out of it! x
  • Options
    LOL Tiger Lily - you're obviously lucky enough to look good without the pampering - me on the other hand get asked if I'm ill if I go out with no makeup! Not good for business either!!!

I can't shave 'down there' either as I break out in a rather fetching shaving rash and itch like mother.
  • Options
    Mothers weekend lol i might remind OH about it for his mother and hope he gets the hint haha! x
  • Options
    Gotta be more obvious than that hon - he will soooo miss that hint if he's anything like my dh! How about mentioning that you have seen the best present ever to get him from bump on Father's Day and 'oh by the way' it's Mothers Day on Sunday. That should do it! Maybe.....LOL
  • Options
    Hi all - i keep commenting on Mother's Day but very much doubt its sunk in! And we're going The Baby Show - which i emphasize is Mothers Day!!!
    Karen - what cream is best for "down there" please - cannot face waxing!!!
  • Options
    Me neither! I use Nair for sensitive skin - only one that doesn't bring me up in a nasty rash. Just make sure you wash it off really well afterwards - I use non perfumed soap to get rid of all traces of it and then apply moisturiser for sensitive skin just to be sure!

Have fun at the Baby Show, would love to go but being my 4th child and I have every bit of equipment I really need can't really justify it!
  • Options
    Thanks for that Karen - will be getting some asap!
    Will try, but DH is coming as well - not the best shopping partner (LOL)!