Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ugly babies?

2»

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to gate crash but i had to reply!

I had Joshua 10 months ago and believe me when I first saw him he was not the most beautiful baby i had ever seen in fact i remember thinking,' he doesnt look like the new born babies in prima baby' lol About a week on though he was so gorgeous and is well fit at 10 months lol Dont worry at all about not feeling your baby is gorgeous, you probably will but for some it takes a bit of time. And i do honestly believe not all babies are cute, not that I would ever tell anybody that cos i wouldnt want to hurt anyones feelings! xxx
  • Options
    Tashy1, I would stop worrying if I were you, I dont mean to sound rude about her but it sounds like your mums problem ran much deeper than just thinking your brother was ugly.
    I dont think mums are totally oblivious to the fact that maybe their baby is a bit on the ugly side but they love them unconditionally. Also I can remember some really gorgeous boys from when I was at school who sadly have not aged well, the memory is much better than the reality - my point being that it makes no difference what we look like when we're born as we change so much.
    Also, totally agree that everyone should say what they want on these forums, its all anonymous and not aimed at any individuals, its the perfect chance to say what you think, be it right or wrong and to get other peoples views, I quite like the argumentative ones to be honest, especially when I'm feeling hormonal!
  • Options
    I was so bleeding ugly. honest. looked like ET. theres only a small handful of photos of me at birth and for the next few weeks because i was so ugly. the midwife had to tell my mum and dad of for being cruel because 'every baby is beautiful' and my mum repalied with '... well, this one isn't'. it's true. of course, now i am stunning. lol. not quite but certainly don't have alien flat head features anymore.

is a bit of a worry tho...ugly babies!! what a shame. hope its not mine!